The Global Initiative Network
Alejandro Gabriel Cassaglia
Director/Police Instructor at USAL and Regional Coordinator at CISEGCISEG
Alejandro G. Cassaglia. is the current Regional Coordinator of CISEG (Intelligence and Security Community) for Latin America and the Caribbean. He holds a degree in International Relations, a Master’s in National Defense and is a specialist in Citizen Security. Alejandro also graduated from a Master’s in Strategic Intelligence, with a Specialization in Arab and Islamic Studies.
He is an expert in money laundering and terrorism financing before the Courts of Spain. His expertise also lies in terrorism, organized crime and gangs issues. Alejandro is the former Chief of Antiterrorist Operations of the Argentine Federal Police, where he was decorated several times. Prior to this, he was a Specialized Regional Officer with INTERPOL’s Regional for South America in the areas of terrorism and drug trafficking.
Prior to this, he was Director of Counterterrorism of the Federal Intelligence Agency, and has been a police officer for 37 years without interruption. He is currently the Head of the Antiterrorist Department of the Police of the City of Buenos Aires. He teaches undergraduate and graduate students at the University of Buenos Aires, the National University of La Plata, the National Technological University, the University of the Basque Country, the University of Salvador and training institutes for Security Forces (Higher Institute of Public Security of the City Police , Maritime University Institute of the Argentine Naval Prefecture, and University Institute of the Argentine Federal Police).
He is currently the Director of the Diploma in International Security at the Universidad del Salvador (Buenos Aires).
- Cassaglia, A. (2020) Terrorismo Yihadista: Una amenaza externa, Editorial Autores de Argentina, Buenos Aires, Argentina (2020)
- Cassaglia, A. (2020) El Terror como Metodología del Crimen Organizado y el Terrorismo. Al-Ghurabá.
- Cassaglia, A. (2019) Latinoamérica Bajo la Amenaza Eco-Terrorista. Al-Ghurabá.
- Cassaglia, A. (2019) La Radicalización y el Reclutamiento Yihadista: Un “monstruo” al acecho del Mundo. Al-Ghurabá and Triarius
- Cassaglia, A. (2018) El Nuevo Paradigma del Terrorismo Islamista. Al-Ghurabá.
- Cassaglia, A. (2018) “Los Seis Factores que Facilitan el Terrorismo”. C.A.P.S.I.
- Cassaglia, A. (2017) La Cuarta Revolución Industrial y el Terrorismo. Triarius .
- Cassaglia, A. (2017) El Nuevo Paradigma del Terrorismo Islamista. FLACSO
Related expertsView all
Eduardo Salvador Franco Martínez
Compliance Cordinator AMLFT, Fenacoac, R.L. Micoope
Programme Director PG Cert/MA Transnational Organised Crime University of Buckingham and Director Criminis Training and Consultancy Services
Senior Researcher, Graduate Institute of International and Development Studies & Executive Coordinator, Geneva Peacebuilding Platform
Colin P. Clarke
Carnegie Mellon University
Associate, Global Initiative against Transnational Organized Crime
CEO, Auditoria DC
Senior customs adviser/expert, Royal Oman Police
Director, the Swiss Cybersecurity Advisory and Research Group
Honorary Lecturer, University College London (UCL)
Associate Professor, Criminal Policy Research Centre/Faculty of Criminal Justice, Criminology and Security Studies (University of Sarajevo)