THE GLOBAL INITIATIVE NETWORK
Meet the Experts
Christina Schori Liang
Head of Terrorism and Organised Crime Cluster, Geneva Centre for Security Policy
Dr. Christina Schori Liang is a Senior Advisor and Senior Fellow at the Geneva Centre for Security Policy (GCSP). She leads the Terrorism and Organised Crime Cluster at the GCSP.
Dr. Liang also designs and directs courses on Preventing Violent Extremism and Comprehensive Approaches to Addressing the Humanitarian Challenges of Engaging Violent Non-State Armed Groups and contributes to GCSP’s Track Two diplomacy and dialogue events. From 2012-2016, She served as Co-Director and later as Director, of GCSP’s New Issues in Security Course.
Dr. Liang edited a book on the European far right entitled: Europe for the Europeans: The Foreign and Security Policy of the Populist Radical Right and has contributed to the 2015, 2016 and 2017 Global Terrorism Index Reports. Liang is an active member of the UN’s Global Counter Terrorism Research Network and advises the UN Security Council’s 1267 Committee on terrorist financing. Dr Liang is a Steering Group Member of the RESOLVE Network, a member of the Global Solutions Exchange (GSX), and a global expert for the Global Initiative Against Transnational Organized Crime.
Dr. Liang was an Adjunct Faculty member for Boston University from 2008-2013 and is currently a Professor at the Paris School of International Affairs, Sciences Po, Paris. Dr Liang holds a doctorate in International Relations and an MA in History and International Politics from the Graduate Institute of International and Development Studies, Geneva, Switzerland.
- Liang, Christina Schori, “Unveiling the “United Cyber Caliphate” and the Birth of the E-Terrorist” in Georgetown Journal of International Affairs International Engagement on Cyber VII, Fall 2017, Volume 18, No. 3. p. 11-20.
- Liang, Christina Schori, “Leaderless Jihad in a Leaderless World: The Future of Terrorism”, in the “2017 Global Terrorism Index: Measuring and Understanding the Impact of Terrorism.” Instiute for Economics and Peace. 2017 p. 88-91.
- Liang, Christina Schori, “Mapping the New Global Criminal-Terrorist Networks,” in the “2016 Global Terrorism Index: Measuring and Understanding the Impact of Terrorism.” Institute for Economics and Peace. 2016 p. 84-88.
- Liang, Christina Schori, “The Criminal-Jihadist: Insights into Modern Terrorist Financing,” Strategic Security Analysis – 2016 n°10, August 2016.
- Liang, Christina Schori, “ISIL Inc: A Portrait of a Modern Terrorist Enterprise,” in the “2015 Global Terrorism Index: Measuring and Understanding the Impact of Terrorism.” Institute for Economics and Peace. 2015 p. 76-80
- Liang, Christina Schori, “Cyber Jihad: Understanding and Countering Islamic State Propaganda.” GCSP Policy Paper 2015/2
- Liang, Christina Schori, “Shadow Networks: The Growing Nexus of Terrorism and Organised Crime.” GCSP Policy Paper 20, November, 2011.
- Liang, Christina Schori, “Schattennetzwerke: Der Wachsende Nexus von Terrorismus und Organisierter Kriminalität, GCSP Policy Paper 20, November, 2011. GCSP Policy Paper 20 – Deutsch.pdf (952.2 kB)
- Liang, Christina Schori (ed.) Europe for the Europeans: The Foreign and Security Policy of the Populist Radical Right (London: Ashgate Publishing, 2007), 318 p.
Research Associate, French Institute of International AffairsVIEW PROFILE
Professor, The Australian National UniversityVIEW PROFILE
Silvia Maria Tăbuşcă
Coordinator of the Human Security Program, European Center for Legal Education and ResearchVIEW PROFILE
Law enforcement attaché, Embassy of France in SenegalVIEW PROFILE
Julio Alejandro Téllez-Valdés
Instituto de Investigaciones Jurídicas, UNAMVIEW PROFILE
David M. Luna
President and CEO, Luna Global NetworksVIEW PROFILE