THE GLOBAL INITIATIVE NETWORK
Assistant Professor at the Faculty of Law, University of Pristina, “Hasan Pristina”
Xhevdet holds a Ph.D. in Criminal Law in Kosovo, and an LL.M. in Democratic Governance and the Rule of Law, as well as a Certificate of Legal Pedagogy and Instruction from Claude W. Pettit College of Law, Ohio Northern University at the U.S. His research interests include, International criminal law, Victimology, Illicit trade, Organized crime, Trafficking with human beings.
Xhevdet has published in the fields of smuggling of human beings, trafficking with human beings, prisoners’ rights, and irregular migration. He is also National Expert for Kosovo at the project: “Strengthening the Fight against Illicit Trade in South Eastern Europe” at the Siracusa International Institute for Criminal Justice and Human Rights in Italy.
- Imprisonment in the Republic of Kosovo, Co-author by Prof. Xhevdet Halili and Adrinait Ibrahimi,
- “Mapping the Penlogical Landscape of the Balkans”. A regional Survey on Sentencing and Imprisonment Realities in Southeast Europe, Balkan Criminology Book, Series Vol.7, Berlin 2019 (Dunkler&Humblot) Max-Planck Institute for International Criminal Law. Freiburg–Germany. Confirmed, December 2019.
- Rehabilitation of Victims of Sexual Violence of the Kosovo War”, Co-author by Prof. Xhevdet Halili and Haxhi Xhemajli. “Mapping the Victimological Landscape of the Balkans: A regional Victimisation Study with critical Analysis of Current Victim Protection Policies”, Max-Planck Institute for International Criminal Law Freiburg – Germany. Confirmed, December 2019.
- An Overview of Kosovo Efforts to comply with European Data Protection Law and Jurisprudence. Co-author Prof. Halili and Xhemajli. April 2017
- Kosovo: Prison, Structure, Prisoner’s rights and Treatment of Prisoners. Co-author Prof. Halili, Kilgallon and Xhemajli, Criminal Justice Praxis of the Ohio Council for Criminal Justice Education (OCCJE), Columbus – Ohio (USA). Dec 2016.
- Some of the advantages of the integration of Kosovo into NATO (Article), Apr 2016. The 8th International Scientific Conference held in Montenegro.
- Some of the main causes of illegal migration from Kosovo. Co-author: Dr. Halili Xhevdet and Ibrahimi Adrianit, (Article) Zagreb, Croatia. Sep 2016.
- Smuggling of Human being and connection with organized crime (Article). Vo. 21, 173-183, 2015
- Human trafficking in Kosovo during the period of 2006-2008. Vol. 21/239-252 (Article), 2014.
- The Role and importance of functioning institutions of justice in fighting crime. (Article) Vol. II, No.10/192-20, 2014.
- Control, Identification and use of force by the police (with special emphasis on the police of the Republic of Kosovo) – (Article). Volume 20 /459-476, 2013.
- Human rights in case of detention and arrested by the police. (Article): Vol.&4/143-158, 2013
- The legislation and methods of torture. (Article). Volume 1 / 141-161, 2012.
- An Introduction to the rights of the police (Themis: The entry in the interpretation of police law) – (book) 113 p. 2011.
- Assault against Kosovo Police 2000-2006 (book). 191 p. 2011.
- Implementation of procedural criminal code and criminal law for juveniles, in work of police and police inspector of Kosovo (Article). Volume 12/12-133, 2011.
- Role, Organization and control of Kosovo Police (Article). Volume 1 / 91-107, 2010.
Chief Operating Officer, Pryon, Inc.VIEW PROFILE
Associate Professor, Criminal Policy Research Centre/Faculty of Criminal Justice, Criminology and Security Studies (University of Sarajevo)VIEW PROFILE
Executive Director, Kosovar Centre for Security Studies (KCSS)VIEW PROFILE
Intelligence Analyst at Waterfront Commission of New York Harbor, Lecturer at John Jay College of Criminal JusticeVIEW PROFILE
Marie Curie Research Fellow, European University InstituteVIEW PROFILE
Editor-in-Chief and Journalist, Web Portal "FrontOnline"VIEW PROFILE