THE GLOBAL INITIATIVE NETWORK
Silvia Maria Tăbuşcă
Coordinator of the Human Security Program, European Center for Legal Education and Research
Dr. Silvia Maria Tăbușcă is a Law Lecturer at the Romanian-American University, School of Law (Director of the Center for Human Rights and Migration), and the Coordinator of the Human Security Program at the European Center for Legal Education and Research. She has been working in the field of international human rights protection for over ten years, with a specific focus on non-discrimination and, more recently, on human security. Silvia is recognized as a leading consultant, trainer & coach, working with the United Nations (UNHCHR, UNHCR, UNDP, UNODC, ILO, IOM), Council of Europe, EU institutions and MS embassies in Romania, with international leading law firms (Latta & Co) and companies providing high quality legal and policy services (Milieu Law & Policy Consulting, Ramboll Management Consulting). Silvia is known as an independent expert, being involved in many national and international projects. She is, also, an External Expert of the European Commission in the evaluation of scientific research proposals for COST Actions, Horizon 2020, AMIF-Integration, and EACEA.
Before joining the Romanian-American University, Silvia worked as a researcher for the University of Bucharest, School of Law, as a personal advisor for the Romanian Minister of Justice and as a human rights expert for the Permanent Mission of Romania to the United Nations – NYC. Since 2010, she has been a civil rights mediator with training on negotiation (PON/Harvard) and on effective rapid decisions (POJ/Yale).
Silvia holds a Post-Doctorate from the Romanian Academy (of Sciences), a Doctorate in Law (with honors) and a M.S. in Public International Law from the University of Bucharest, Romania, as well as a LL.M. in Intercultural Human Rights (cum laude) from St. Thomas University, Miami, Florida. Author of numerous academic papers, she is also a member of well-established international professional networks where she delivered scientific talks and papers: Global Initiative against Transnational Organized Crime, International Refugee Rights Initiative’s Rights in Exile Programme (Oxford University), Council for European Studies – Immigration Research Network (Columbia University), Global Alliance for Justice Education, Professionals in Humanitarian Assistance and Protection (Harvard University), European Society of International Law etc.
Silvia has received the Fall 2017 WSOS Professional Fellowship on Democracy & Human Rights (Undocumented Migrants & Human Trafficking/Smuggling) from the U.S. Department of State and she has been nominated for the international award – 2015 “Hero Acting to End Modern Slavery”.
- “Human Trafficking, Public Health and the Law: Chapter 6 – Human Trafficking in Eastern Europe. The Case of Romania”, co-author, Thieme Verlag, Germany, 2014, ISBN 978-3-13-175601-5;
- „Trafficking in Persons, a Threat to Human Security in the Developed Countries. The Case of European Union in the Era of Globalization”, single author, pp. 212- 221, National Strategies Observer No.2/Vol.1, ISSN: 2360-3496 (pg. 10), 2015, ProQuest, EBSCO, Index Copernicus, REPEC, SSRN;
- „Human Trafficking in the Light of the New Haven School of Jurisprudence”, single author, pp. 212- 221, ISSN: 2360-3496 (pg. 10), 2014, ProQuest, EBSCO, Index Copernicus, REPEC;
- “Trafficking in Persons and International Trade”, single author, pp. 352- 358, WSEAS Recent Researches in Applied Economies & Management in Chania, Crete Island, Greece, ISBN: 978-960-474-323-0, 2013, ISI-Thomson Reuters;
- “Study on case-law relating to human trafficking for labour exploitation”, research on Romania, co-author, Luxembourg: Publications Office of the European Union, 2015, ISBN 978-92-79-50630-7;
Alexis A. Aronowitz
Senior Lecturer in Criminology, University College UtrechtVIEW PROFILE
Trond Håvard Glomnes Rudi
Deputy Director, Norwegian Ministry of Foreign AffairsVIEW PROFILE
Senior Lecturer in Criminology, Manchester Metropolitan UniversityVIEW PROFILE
Researcher, Graduate Institute of International and Development Studies, GenevaVIEW PROFILE
Vice-President & Secretary-General, International Association of Anti-Corruption Authorities (IAACA)VIEW PROFILE