THE GLOBAL INITIATIVE NETWORK
Concepción Anguita Olmedo
Professor, Universidad Complutense de Madrid
Professor of International Relations and Organized Crime and Terrorism in the Faculty of Political Sciences and Sociology of the Complutense University.
High Studies of the Defense at Spanish Ministry of Defense Command and Staff School (2008). Researcher at the Complutense Institute of International Studies (ICEI) in the area of International Security and International Relations.
As well, Researcher of the Center for Studies on Transnational Organized Crime (CeCOT) of IRI-University of La Plata.
Member of the research team International Relations 21st century-RIS XXI (UCM). Current Director of the Master in Defence Policy and International Security, organized jointly with the Ministry of Defence of Spain. Former Vice Dean of Master’s Degree (June 2014-June 2018).
Former Director of the Master in International Politics: Sectorial and Area Studies and the former Deputy Director of the Master in International Relations and Communication. In addition to UCM, She has been visiting professor at University of California in San Diego- UCSD (2019), at University of California in Los Angeles- UCLA(2014), at University of La Plata and at Universisty of Lanús (both in Argentina), at Warsaw University (Poland), University of Lisbon and in the University of Coimbra (both in Portugal), at ANEPE (Chile) and University of Friendship of the People of Moscow (Russia).
- The dynamics of organized crime in the European Union in the context of global insecurity” en Conde, Elena; Yaneva, Zhaklin and Scopelliti, Marzia (eds.): The Routledge Handbook of European Security Law and Policy, Routledge, London, Chapter 11, first edition, 2019, pp. 175-197.
- With González Gómez del Miño, Mª Paloma (2019): “The Sahel:Cross-border Dimension and Geopolitical Dynamics”, Geopolítica(s). Revista De Estudios Sobre Espacio Y Poder, 10(2), 281-303. https://doi.org/10.5209/geop.64300
- With González Gómez Del Miño, Mª Paloma (2019): “The Migrant Crisis In The Mediterranean. A Multidimensional Challenge in the European Union” en RUDN Journal of Sociology, vol. 19 (4), pp. 617-629. DOI: 10.22363/2313-2272-2019-19-4-617-629.
- With Bartolomé, Mariano:“The destruction of cultural property within the framework of armed conflicts, on the agenda of contemporary international security”. Studia Politicae Magazine, n º 46, spring-summer 2018-2019, pp. 35-67, published by the Faculty of CC. Politics and international Relations of the Catholic University of Córdoba, Argentina, printed ISSN: 1669-7405
- With Troncoso, Valeska (2019): “The Chilean Armed forces against organized crime (2008-2018)”, in Sampó, Carolina and Alda, Sonia (comps.), the transformation of the armed forces into Latin America in the face of organized crime, the center of Strategic Studies of the Army of Peru and Royal Institute Elcano, Lima, pp. 153-188, ISBN: 978-612-47954-0-4.
- “The trafficking in Latin America and the European Union. Features, factors and instruments of detection and eradication. A comparative study of organized crime” in SAMPÓ, C. and TRONCOSO, V. (comp.) (2017) Latin America: manifestations, facilitators and reactions. University Institute General Gutiérrez Mellado-UNED, pp. 252-280.
- “The action of the intelligence services and information. The role of espionage in the Spanish foreign policy” in BENEYTO, Jose Maria and Pereira, Juan Carlos (dirs.) History of the Spanish Foreign Policy in the twentieth and twenty-first centuries, vol. 1, chap. 10, pp. 365-405, Madrid, Editorial CEU Editions, 2015, ISBN vol. I: 978-84-16477-21-0. Legal Deposit: M-36267-2015.
- With González del Miño, Paloma: “Multilateralism and multipolarity in a globalized international society: The Emerging Actors (BRICS)”, in Maculan, Elena (Ed,): International Security in a world order in transformation. Volume: 1, pp. 269-292, University Institute General Gutiérrez Mellado, Collection Research, Madrid, ISBN: 978-84-617-0800-0/Legal Deposit: M-27600-2014.
- “Organized delinquency: an interior matter of the European Union. Concept, characteristics and instruments for its neutralization” in Spanish Magazine of International Relations, Volume: 2, pp. 152-73, July, 2010, Association for the United Nations and the International Law (ANUDI), Madrid.
- “Social exclusion and vulnerability of the minors in Latin America: The child soldiers, the sexual and labor exploitation and the links of the minor with criminal activities”, Volume: 32, pp. 1-73, 2010, Foundation Latin America Europe, Madrid.
- “Policies and mechanisms of control of migratory flows in the European Union“, Panoramic Social Magazine S.O.S., pp.1-3, October, 2010, Foundation Culture and Communication.
- With Victoria Campos “Western Africa. The new opposite region: the role of Senegal and Guinea Conakry in the security of the European Union in Two decades of Cold Postwar period”. The Ist Conference on Studies of Security of the Studies Community “General Gutiérrez Mellado” Security, I Take the IInd, pp. 93-108, 2009. Institute of investigation G. Gutiérrez Mellado, Institute on the Peace, the Security and the Defense.
- “The migratory phenomenon: a challenge for the European Union” in Authors Various. Scenes and challenges for the democracy in 2008. Topics for the reflection and the debate, Volume: 1, pp. 237-255, February 2009, Foundation Latin America Europe, Madrid.
- “Risks and threats for Europe in transition” (with Victoria Campos) in Banús, E. (Coord.), Minutes of the VIII Congress of European Culture, on-line Volume: www.unav.es/centro/cee/actas_congreso, pp.372-381, 2009, Center of European Studies. Navarra/Thomson-Aranzadi’s University, Pamplona.
- “The Globalization of insecurity” (with María Victoria Campos Zabala) Magazine of International Relations of the National University of México, Number: 101-102, pp. 11-32, May – December, 2008, UNAM (Mexico), Mexico D.F.
- Communication, Conflicts and Security policies and Defense. Anguita Olmedo, Concepción and others (eds.) Minutes of the III National Congress on Security, Information and Defense, Volume: 1, Pages: 369, 2008, Library of Science and Artillery, Segovia.
- “Threats for the European security” (with María Victoria Campos Zabala) in Anguita Olmedo, Concepción and others (eds.): The new threats to the international security. Minutes of the II National Congress on Security, Information and Defense, Volume: 1, pp. 15-24, 2007, Library of Science and Artillery, Segovia.
- “Illegal human trafficking. Transnational networks and Crime Organized” in Aldecoa, Francisco and Sobrino, José Manuel (Coords.): Migrations and Development. The IInd Latin-American Days of International Studies, Volume: 1, pp. 73- 86, 2007, Marcial Pons, Madrid
- “Illegal human traficking for the sexual and labor exploitation: the slavery of the 21st century”, Magazine: NÓMADAS. Volume: 15 (2007.1) pp. 03-016, January – June, nº15, 2007, Madrid.
- “Political cooperation in the fight against mafias and Crime Organized” in Spanish Magazine of Cooperation and Development, Volume: 19, pp. 139-154, winter, 2007, Madrid.
- “The summit of Nairobi: measures against global warming can wait” in Electronic Magazine of International Studies, volume: 13, Ágora, pp. 1-6, 2007.