Posted on 30 Mar 2023
2020 marked the start of a global pandemic and the world’s first 24-hour virtual conference on global organized crime, #OC24. Since then, three editions of OC24 took place, bringing together scholars and practitioners from all over the world at a scale and in a way that a physical conference cannot.
With various innovative session formats, the three editions of #OC24 in 2020, 2021, and 2022 attracted more than 8,000 participants worldwide. At the OC24-2022 and over the course of 24 hours, 320+ leading organized crime scholars and practitioners from over 40 countries discussed and presented a diverse range of topics, including environmental crime, corruption, human trafficking, illicit trade and counterfeiting, drug trafficking, cybercrime, gender, and the impact of the coronavirus pandemic on organized crime worldwide. A supportive Secretariat team of more than 280 students, early-career academics, young professionals and researchers from leading organized crime universities and institutions worldwide also contributed to the three OC24 conferences’ success.
- Please note that English is the official language of the 24-hour conference. If you or your panel’s speakers are presenting in any other language than English, please kindly arrange for your own interpreters for your presentation and/or panel yourself.
- Please also inform us if you are planning on using interpreters for your session, as we will need to register them in our system accordingly to ensure the technical support is in place when needed.
subscribe to receive #OC24 latest updates http://eepurl.com/hbpiWr
Check out the previous OC24 editions here:
- 2020: https://oc24.globalinitiative.net/2020edition/
- 2021 and 2022: https://oc24.heysummit.com/replays/
- OC24 podcasts: https://globalinitiative.net/analysis/oc24-podcast/