The Global Initiative Network
Director, New Challenges & Threats Study Center, Vladivostok, Russia
Since 2015 Alexander has been conducting the “Carte Blanche” rubric on the pages of one of the well-known Russian newspapers “Nezavisimaya Gazeta” (Moscow), covering criminological issues. In addition, he regularly comments on the legal issues in the Vladivostok newspapers: “Competitor“, “Golden Horn”, “Vladivostok“, as well as in the Far Eastern tab of “Rossiyskaya Gazeta” and on news agencies Interfax, Prima-Media, Vostok-Media, Regnum). Over the past 13 years, he published about 200 articles in peer-reviewed scientific journals, co-authored 7 collective monographs. The main subject of publications: organized crime, corruption and international legal cooperation in criminal matters.
- The use of corruption by “Russian” organized crime in the United States. // Trends in Organized crime, Vol. 8, Issue 2, Winter 2004.
- Assessment “Crime-Terrorism Nexus in Northern Asia”, Mongolia, 2010.
- Chapter on Russian organized crime in International Crime and Justice edited by Mangai Natarajan. Cambridge University Press, 2011.
- Issue Paper “Transnational Organized Crime in the Fishing Industry”, Vienna, 2011.
- Russian Organized Crime and the Existing Measures to Combat It. // Law Enforcement Executive Forum, March, 2012.
- The Influence of Transnational Crime in the World: Current Status and Challenges of Combating It. // Law Enforcement Executive Forum, October, 2012.
- Chapter on Russian corruption in Russian Organized Crime: Recent Trends in the Baltic Sea Region by Walter Kegö and Alexandru Molcean (ed.) Stockholm, 2012.
- Policy brief “Russian Organized Crime and its Impact on Foreign Economies”, Feb. 20, 2013.
- Press review “At least one third of harvested timber is smuggled from Far East region”, Sept. 6, 2013.
- Anti-corruption in the BRICS countries. // BRICS Law Journal Volume V (2018) Issue 1, pp.56-77.
- American experience of organized crime combatting: State, tendencies and prospects. // Международное публичное и частное право. 2018. № 1. С. 36-42.
Related expertsView all
Leonidas S. F. Lin
Senior Analyst, Research Institute for European and American Studies
Office Director, Anti-Crime Program Office, Bureau for International Narcotics and Law Enforcement Affairs, U.S. Department of State
Co-coordinator, Center for Studies on Transnational Organized Crime (CeCOT)
Ecologist and Enviornmental Sciences (Social Environmental analysis), JADE AC
Principal, Fuller Solutions LLC
Executive Director, Police Sector Council, Ottawa, Canada
Martin Joseph Gallagher
Associate, London Policing College
Programme Officer, Human Security Collective
Director General, Wildlife Enforcement for Environment and Climate Change Canada