THE GLOBAL INITIATIVE NETWORK
Professor of Criminology and Criminal Law, National Research University Higher School of Economics, St. Petersburg
Ivan Kleimenov was born on 16/12/1978 in Omsk, USSR. After graduating from school, he went to the Omsk Law Institute of the Ministry of Internal Affairs of the Russian Federation where he studied from 1995 to 1999. Ivan served in the Internal Affairs until mid 2004, he had a special rank – Police Captain. In 2002 Ivan defended a Phd dissertation (candidate of science) on the topic “The Fight against Crime in the States of Different Legal Systems”. In December 2015, he defended a Doctoral dissertation on the topic “Comparative Criminology: Criminalization, Crime, Criminal Policy in the context of Globalization”.
Ivan worked as an Associate Professor in the Omsk Institute of Economics from 2004 to 2006 and in the Omsk Institute of Law from 2006 to 2008. Since May 2008 until today he has been working in the Department of the Constitutional Foundations of the Criminal Justice of the Secretariat of the Constitutional Court of the Russian Federation as an Advisor. At the same time since 2009 till mid 2016, Ivan has been an Associate Professor of the St. Petersburg Branch of the Higher School of Economics and since September 2016 he has been working as a Full professor. Since September 2017, Ivan has been also working as a Full professor of the St. Petersburg Branch of Russian State University of Justice.
Ivan is an author of more than 120 scientific articles. He has written 3 monographs on the following topics:
- “Comparative Criminology: Analysis of Legal Systems” (2004),
- “Comparative Criminology” (2012),
- “Comparative Criminology: Criminalization, Crime, and Development of Criminal Policy in the context of Globalization” (2014).
He was the co-author of monographs on the following subjects:
- “Criminal Bankruptcy and Raiding: Criminological Characteristics and Resistance”, (2009),
- “Strategy of Counteraction with Modern Forms of Economic Crime” (2009),
- “Criminal Policy in the Sphere of Economic Crime Prevention” (2010), and “Unsolved Crime” (2015).
Ivan has also written the chapter in the book “Redefending organised crime: a challenge for the European Union?”published by HART (2017).