THE GLOBAL INITIATIVE NETWORK
Meet the Experts
Professor, Flinders University, Adelaide, Australia
In 2015 Adam Graycar took up the post of Professor in the School of Social and Policy Studies at Flinders University, Adelaide Australia. For five years before that he was Professor of Public Policy at the Australian National University and also Director of the Transnational Research Institute on Corruption (TRIC). He acquired extensive policy experience over 22 years in the senior level posts he has held in government, both Federal and State. He has had long experience in both academia and in government. His most recent government position was Head, Cabinet Office, Government of South Australia, and his most recent academic post before joining ANU was Dean, School of Criminal Justice, Rutgers, the State University of New Jersey.
From 1994 he was for 9 years, the Director of the Australian Institute of Criminology, a Federal government research and policy agency. He was the longest serving director of the AIC, whose mission was the prevention of crime and the promotion of justice.
He has worked in many policy domains and has done extensive work on corruption prevention in Australia and internationally, and his latest book Understanding and Preventing Corruption (with Tim Prenzler) was published in the UK and New York in 2013. He has taught many courses on corruption analysis and prevention in universities and also as executive courses.
He has two doctorates from the University of NSW and is a Fellow of the Academy of the Social Sciences in Australia.
- Graycar, Adam & Prenzler, T. (2013). Understanding and Preventing Corruption New York & Basingstoke, Palgrave Macmillan.
- Graycar, Adam & Smith, R.G. (2011). Global Handbook on Research and Practice in Corruption, (editor and co-author), Cheltenham UK, Edward Elgar.
- Graycar, Adam (2016) “Corruption and Public Value” Public Integrity vol. 18(4) 339-341.
- Graycar, Adam and Jancsics, David, (2016) “Gift Giving and Corruption” International Journal of Public Administration [currently in press]
- Masters, Adam & Graycar, Adam (2016) ”Making corruption disappear in local government” Public Integrity vol. 18(1) 42-58.