Posted on 10 Mar 2022
This meeting will bring together experts and practitioners from countries in the Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS) to discuss organised crime. Participants will examine emerging trends in West Africa, current national and regional responses, and opportunities for new entry points and interventions.
The one-day dialogue is part of the Organised Crime: West African Response to trafficking (OCWAR-T) project. OCWAR-T is an ECOWAS project commissioned by the Federal Republic of Germany and the European Union (EU), and coordinated by Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ).
Chairperson: General Francis Behanzin, ECOWAS Commissioner for Political Affairs, Peace and Security (TBC)
- H.E. Birgitt Ory, Ambassador of Germany to Nigeria (TBC)
- Clément Boutillier, Head of the Democracy, Governance and Migration Section of the EU Delegation Abuja, Nigeria
- Dr Cyriaque P Agnekethom, Director, ECOWAS Peacekeeping and Regional Security Directorate (TBC)
- Jan Muegge, Head of Components 1 and 4, OCWAR-T Project, GIZ
- Dr Idayat Hassan, Executive Director, Centre for Democracy and Development – West Africa, Nigeria
- Allan Ngari, Regional Organised Crime Observatory Coordinator for West Africa, ENACT, ISS
- Lucia Bird, Director, West Africa Observatory, GI-TOC
- Lyes Tagziria, Senior Analyst, GI-TOC
Dr Christian Ani, Phone: +2349034438616, Email: email@example.com