Posted on 06 Aug 2010
Interpol is the world’s largest international police organisation, with 190 member countries. Headquartered in Lyon, France its mission is “preventing and fighting crime through enhanced cooperation and innovation on police and security matters”. One of the crime areas the organisation is dealing with is trafficking in human beings and people smuggling including issues connected to irregular migration.
- Speech: Interpol and Europol Operational Forum on countering Migrant Smuggling networks, Nyon, Jürgen Stock (15 October 2015)
- Strategy for countering migrant smuggling – a global law enforcement response
- Press Release: INTERPOL Secretary General visits EU to enhance fight against migrant smuggling, terrorism (15 July 2015)
- People Smuggling: question and answers (February 2015)
- Interpol Stolen and Lost Travel Documents database