Posted on 27 Oct 2021
The International Association for the Study of Organized Crime is dedicated to advancing the study of organized crime and illegal enterprise. We are a network of academics, professionals and students, whose focus lies in these fields.
We are run by the Secretariat of the Global Initiative Against Transnational Organized Crime in close partnership with our Steering Committee.
Huge congratulations to the winners and honourable mentions of our IASOC annual prizes 2020-2021!
Winners and honourable mentions of IASOC Annual Prizes 2020-2021
The Best Book recognizes the best book or monograph on the broadly defined area of organized crime.
- Winner: Rolando Ochoa, Intimate Crimes: Kidnapping, Gangs, and Trust in Mexico City
- Winner: Seán Columb, Trading Life: Organ Trafficking, Illicit Networks, and Exploitation
- Honorable Mention: Yuliya Zabyelina and Daan van Uhm (Eds.), Illegal Mining: Organized Crime, Corruption, and Ecocide in a Resource-Scarce World
Best Ph.D. Thesis / Dissertation
Excellent Ph.D. theses or dissertations defended successfully three years before the year of the award.
- Winner: Eva Stambol, External Projection of Internal Security
- Honorable Mention: Mark Berry, Organised Crime in Red City
- Winner: Andrew Miller, The Information Game
- Honorable Mention: Cecilia Meneghini, A life-course approach to co-offending in organized crime
IASOC ‘s mission is to advance the study of organized crime and illicit enterprise. Sign up to our mailing list to receive regular updates on IASOC’s activities.