Posted on 06 May 2010
The International Organization for Migration (IOM) is the leading inter-governmental organisation in the field of migration. Since its establishment in 1951 it has gathered 162 member states and nine observer states. The organisation’s aim is to ensure “the orderly and humane management of migration, to promote international cooperation on migration issues, to assist in the search for practical solutions to migration problems and to provide humanitarian assistance to migrants in need, including refugees and internally displaced people”.
Below you find relevant resources provided by the IOM.
- IOM Global Trends 2015 Factsheet
- IOM Opens Global Migration Data Analysis Centre in Germany (8 September 2015)
- Altai Consulting for IOM MENA Regional Office, Migration Trends Across the Mediterranean: Connecting the Dots (June 2015)
- IOM Monitors Italy Arrivals During Busy Smuggling Week in Mediterranean (20 February 2015)
- Fact Sheet: IOM and Counter Migrant Smuggling, 2015
- Fact Sheet: IOM’s Migration and Border Management Programmes, 2015
- Key Migration Terms, 2011