Posted on 06 Nov 2010
Eurojust is the European Union’s Judicial Cooperation Unit, founded in February 2002. Its task is to stimulate and improve the coordination of investigations and prosecutions between the competent authorities in the Member States, and to improve the cooperation between competent authorities of the Member States.
The agency deals with serious cross-border issues and organised crime, amongst other trafficking in human beings and illegal immigrant smuggling.
- Press Release: Eurojust tactical meeting on illegal migrant smuggling (8 February 2016)
- Eurojust Annual Work Programme 2016
- Press Release: Eurojust in Greece to support fight against illegal immigrant smuggling (17 December 2015)
- Council of the European Union: Migration crisis: aspects of judicial cooperation and fight against xenophobia – progress report, Brussels, 14716/15 (1 December 2015)
- Press Release: International cooperation delivers major hit to migrant smuggling network, The Hague (24 November 2015)
- Press Release: Illegal Immigrant Smuggling – Eurojust’s Mission to Italy (5 October 2015)
- Press Release: Eurojust signs letter of understanding with EUNAVFOR MED, The Hague (1 October 2015)
- Eurojust Annual Report 2015