25 Apr 2023
2 PM - 3:30 PM
Platform: MS Teams
Posted on 06 Apr 2023
The 66th CND session took place from 13 – 17 March 2023. The CND is the key global decision-making body on drugs.
With a resolution adopted on alternative development with unprecedented international support and many side events on development issues, the session was clearly outstanding for the scope of work of the Drugs and Development Hub (DDH). Additionally, this year for the first time the UN High Commissioner for Human Rights and also the Director General of the WHO addressed Members States and participants in the opening plenary, urging them to stop the war on drugs and emphasising the right to health of people who use drugs and women’s right to equal access to services.
The webinar seeks to enable a debriefing on the main developments at the CND and to bring together different perspectives of the whereabouts of global drug policy within the scope of the DDH.
- John Collins, Director of Academic Engagement, Global Initiative against Transnational Organized Crime (GI-TOC)
- Daniel Brombacher, Head of Project, Global Partnership on Drug Policies and Development (GPDPD), Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH
- Ian Tennant, Head of Vienna Multilateral Representation & Resilience Fund, Global Initiative against Transnational Organized Crime (GI-TOC)
- Gloria María Miranda Espitia, Director for Drug Policy and Related Activities, Ministry of Justice of the Republic of Colombia
- Emmanuel Bebaako-Mensah, Counselor, Permanent Mission of the Republic of Ghana to the United Nations (Vienna)
- Cecilia Farfán, Head of Research, Center for U.S.-Mexican Studies, University of California San Diego
- Sofia Wahl, Advisor, Global Partnership on Drug Policies and Development (GPDPD), Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH