Colin's Twitter Feed
- RT @ianbremmer : Barcelona. #StandWithSpain https://t.co/QEEAadM6Lc 8 hours ago
- As usual @CruickshankPaul is on the mark. Highly recommend reading. Excited to be on a conf panel with @F_Reinares … https://t.co/plyBmNOhjB 8 hours ago
- Enjoying a lazy Sunday in #Pittsburgh https://t.co/qHKa7xFw9Q 9 hours ago
- Not saying that is what happened here, we don't know yet, but it's been a factor in some other attacks in Europe over the past year & a half 9 hours ago
- Excuse the cliché but it's the double-edged sword. By preventing ppl from leaving to fight with ISIS the risks of an attack at home increase 9 hours ago
Political Scientist, RAND Corporation
In addition to his work at RAND, he is an associate fellow at the International Centre for Counter-Terrorism (ICCT)-The Hague, in the Netherlands, and a lecturer at Carnegie Mellon University where he teaches courses on terrorism, insurgency and the future of warfare.
Clarke has briefed his research at a range of national and international security forums, including the U.S. Army War College, US Air Force Special Operations School, Society for Terrorism Research International Conference, the Global Counterterrorism Forum (GCTF) and the Counter ISIS Financing Group (CIFG), which is part of the Global Coalition to Defeat ISIS.
He appears frequently in the media, has been quoted in The New York Times, The Washington Post, and The Wall Street Journal, and has published his research in Foreign Affairs, Foreign Policy, The Atlantic, Politico, Lawfare, and numerous scholarly journals, including Small Wars & Insurgencies, Historical Methods, and Military Operations Research.
Clarke is the author of Terrorism, Inc.: The Financing of Terrorism, Insurgency, and Irregular Warfare, published in 2015 by Praeger Security International and is currently working on Terrorism: The Essential Reference Guide, also by Praeger and due to be published in 2018.
He received his Ph.D. in international security policy from the University of Pittsburgh.
- Colin P. Clarke, Terrorism Inc.: The Financing of Terrorism, Insurgency, and Irregular Warfare, Santa Barbara: ABC-CLIO, Praeger Security International, 2015.
- Phil Williams and Colin P. Clarke, “Iraqi and Syrian Networks,” in Kim Thachuk and Rollie Lal, eds., Terrorist Criminal Enterprises, forthcoming 2017.
- Colin P. Clarke, “Organized Crime and Trafficking: Mapping Out the Threats and Actors to Find Solutions,” in Michel Gueldry et al., Today’s Imperatives, Tomorrow’s Conundrums? New Forms of Insecurity in a Globalized World, forthcoming 2017.
- Tuesday Reitano, Laura Adal and Colin P. Clarke, “Examining the Nexus Between Organised Crime and Terrorism and Its Implications for EU Programming,” joint publication of ICCT-The Hague and the Global Initiative Against Transnational Organized Crime, 2017.
- Colin P. Clarke, “Drugs & Thugs: Funding Terrorism Through Narcotics Trafficking,” Journal of Strategic Security, Vol.9, No.3, Special Issue Fall 2016: Emerging Threats, pp.1-15.
- Colin P. Clarke, “The Financing of Terrorism & Insurgency Through Drug Trafficking,” in Philip Reichel, ed., Transnational Crime and Global Security, Routledge, forthcoming 2017.