THE GLOBAL INITIATIVE NETWORK
Zulia Yanzadig Orozco Reynoso
Professor, Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México
Zulia Yanzadig Orozco Reynoso is a professor on Human Rights, at the Tijuana Campus, Baja California State University (UABC for its acronym in Spanish). She is also research associate for the Program Justice in Mexico, at the University of San Diego, and coordinator of the blog Tijuana Piensa / Tijuana Thinks, were UABC students publish articles analyzing emblematic cases, on international human right violations.
She is currently a doctoral candidate in Urban Studies at the National Autonomous University of Mexico (UNAM for its acronym in Spanish); where she also has a B.Sc in Sociology and a Master degree in Law, both Cum Laude. She has collaborated among others, for UNAM’s Attorney General Office, the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP). For over 15 years, she has studied the city of Tijuana, particularly issues related to organized crime, criminal economy, citizen security and accountability; she has also worked or lived at difficult sites in Guerrero, Tamaulipas, and Veracruz (Mexico).
- Swenson, Russell and Zulia Orozco (2015) “Intelligence Autonomy, Accountability and Internal Security: Foundations for Oversight” at Swenson Russell and Carolina Sancho (Editors) Intelligence Management in the Americas. Washington DC, National Intelligence University, pp. 297 – 312
- Swenson, Russ y Zulia Orozco (2015) “Autonomía de Inteligencia, Rendición de Cuentas y Seguridad Pública: Fundamentos para su Fiscalización” at Swenson Russell and Carolina Sancho (Editors) Gestión de Inteligencia en las Americas. Washington DC, Universidad Nacional de Inteligencia, pp. 361 – 378
- Frausto, Obed, Mathew Lorenzen and Zulia Orozco (2016) “From justice to politics and back. The Ayotzinapa case after it’s first anniversary: pressure from different social actors and the Mexican government’s response” working paper.
- Orozco, Zulia y Mathew Lorenzen (2015) “Ayotzinapa: Nuestro Retrato Frente al Espejo”, Acta Sociológica Nº 69, Facultad de Ciencias Políticas y Sociales, Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México
- Orozco, Zulia (2015) #Crimenetworks @ twitter.com at the Extra – Legal Governance Institute of the Oxford University
- Orozco, Zulia (2015) #Crimenorganizado @ twitter.com at www.casede.org
- Orozco, Zulia (2007) ¨Organización y Participación Social de Migrantes Mexicanos en la Ciudad de Nueva York (2000 – 2006)’ at Cecilia Imaz (2007) ¿invisibles? migrantes internacionales en la escena política. México, Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México, pp. 289 – 302.
- Orozco, Zulia (2016) “Decoding Albanian Organized Crime” for the International Sociological Association (ISA) In editing process
- Orozco, Zulia (2015) “Soldiers without Frontiers: Asymmetric Warfare”, for the International Sociological Association (ISA)
Zulia's Recent Publications
9 October 2014African Union analyses Drug Trafficking and Organised Crime in West and Central Africa
21 November 2017Case Study: Illegal Gold Mining in Peru
28 October 2015Atlantic Currents and their Illicit Undertow: Fragile States and Transnational Security Implications
30 May 2016Conference report: Trails of Insecurity – Illicit Migration as a Source of Threat Financing and Criminal Resourcing in Africa
Professor of Practice, National Defense University, William J Perry Center for Hemispheric Defense StudiesVIEW PROFILE
Leigh H. Winchell
Owner, Storms River LLCVIEW PROFILE
Gabriel José Enrique Greco
Inspector Verifier and Controller in Private Security Agency, Buenos Aires City Justice & Security Department, Government Control AgencyVIEW PROFILE
Researcher, George Mason UniversityVIEW PROFILE