THE GLOBAL INITIATIVE NETWORK
Director, International Interventions, National Network for Safe Communities, John Jay College of Criminal Justice
Rachel Locke is Lead, International Portfolio and Senior Policy Advisor at the National Network for Safe Communities. In her role, Ms. Locke is responsible for the development of the National Network’s international portfolio and representation of focused deterrence methodologies into international crime and violence reduction discussions. Prior to joining the National Network, Ms. Locke worked as a Senior Policy Advisor at the United States Agency for International Development where she was responsible for developing and representing Agency-wide policy on issues concerning conflict, violence and fragility. She also led USAID research and policy on crime, conflict, and fragility. Prior to joining USAID, Ms. Locke served as a Technical Advisor and Economic Development Coordinator with the International Rescue Committee where she was based in Kenya and Uganda. In her work with the IRC, Ms. Locke designed programs to support increased economic opportunity and developed guide material to aid strategic the implementation process.
Ms. Locke holds a BA in International Relations and an MA in International Affairs from Columbia University, Graduate School of International and Public Affairs.
- Organized Crime, Conflict, and Fragility: A New Approach, International Peace Institute, 2012
- Busan and Beyond: Implementing the ”New Deal” for Fragile States, with Vanessa Wyeth, International Peace Institute, 2012
- Kony2012 – Whose Social Networking?, International Peace Institute, 2012.
- Busan and Beyond: Where Do We Go From Here? (Series of 4 articles) International Peace Institute, 2011.
- Cotton Value Chain Case Study for Northern Uganda, International Rescue Committee, 2008.
- Community-driven economic development in Northern Uganda, Humanitarian Practice Network, 2007.
Independent Wildlife Crime Specialist, EcoJustVIEW PROFILE
Maria Anjos Sapina
Senior Executive in the conduct of Humanitarian Operations and PolicyVIEW PROFILE
Police Advisor, Department of Peacekeeping Operations, DPKO, United NationsVIEW PROFILE
Nicolas Andres Eslava
Director, Afai Consulting BV and Advisor Fundacion Ava Jeva AmazoniaVIEW PROFILE
Visiting Fellow at King’s College LondonVIEW PROFILE
Prospective PhD Canditate, Donau University KremsVIEW PROFILE