THE GLOBAL INITIATIVE NETWORK
Leonidas S. F. Lin
Senior Analyst, Research Institute for European and American Studies
Leo S. F. Lin is a senior analyst in the Research Institute for European and American Studies (RIEAS). He is a police Colonel from Taiwan (R.O.C.). He is an active member of the International Association of Chiefs of Police (IACP), as well as a member of the European Consortium for Political Research (ECPR) Standing Group on Organized Crime. He also sits in the editorial board of the Journal of Mediterranean and Balkan intelligence. Previously, he served as a research associate with RIEAS from 2010 to 2016. Col. Lin has gained abundant experience in practical fields from his past police officer career, focusing on transnational crime investigations, police cooperation, and non-traditional security issues. He regularly participates in international conferences, bilateral meetings and invited talks relating the aforementioned topics. His areas of expertise are international police cooperation, transnational organized crime, East Asian cybercrime and major event security. He graduated from the Central Police University (Taiwan) majored in Criminology and Crime Prevention, and he holds a M.A. in International Relations from the University of Indianapolis. He received a Crisis Management Certificate from the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI), and a Major Event Security Framework Certificate from the Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC). He is the recipient of the 2018 IACP 40 under 40 award. He is a certified interpreter and public speaker.
- Masys, A. J., & Lin, LSF. (Eds.).2017. Asia-Pacific Security Challenges: Managing Black Swans and Persistent Threats. Springer, Cham.
- Lin, LSF. 2018. ‘Internet and Telecommunication Fraud: Taiwan’s Framework of Countermeasures,’ Police Chief Magazine, International Association of Chiefs of Police (IACP). July 2018, pp.26-29.
- Lin, LSF. 2018. ‘An Emerging Global Security Threat: Internet and Telecommunication Fraud Crime and Taiwan’s Response,’ Diplomatic Courier. May 2018.
- Lin, LSF. 2018. Taiwan’s Response to Transnational Telecommunication Fraud Crime,’ WomenPolice Magazine, International Association of Women Police. Feb-April, pp. 12-13.
- Lin, LSF and Nomikos, John. 2017. Cybercrime in East and Southeast Asia: The Case of Taiwan. In Asia-Pacific Security Challenges (pp. 65-84). Springer, Cham.
National Crime Agency, British High Commission, AustraliaVIEW PROFILE
Michael Stuart Kelsey
Commander, Australian Federal PoliceVIEW PROFILE
Visiting Fellow at King’s College LondonVIEW PROFILE
Executive Director Police Services, InterpolVIEW PROFILE
Executive Masters of Global Development, Maxwell School, Syracuse UniversityVIEW PROFILE
Wesley W. Posvar Professor and Director of the Matthew B. Ridgway Center for International Security Studies at the University of PittsburghVIEW PROFILE