THE GLOBAL INITIATIVE NETWORK
Professor, University of Guadalajara
Jorge Chabat is a full-professor of the Department of Pacific Studies at the University of Guadalajara in Guadalajara, Mexico. From 1983 to 2018 he was a Professor of the Center for Resarch and teaching in Economics In Mexico City. He obtained his Bachelor’s at El Colegio de Mexico and the Master’s and the Ph.D. in International Affairs at the University of Miami, Florida. He has published extensively in books and journals such as Current History, Journal of Interamerican Studies and World Affairs and Annals of the American Academy of Political and Social Science about Mexican foreign policy and U.S.-Mexican relations and drug trafficking.
- He co-edited, with John Bailey, the book Transnational crime and public security: challenges to Mexico and the United States, University of California San Diego, 2002.
He has published:
- “Mexico: The Security Challenge” in Jordi Diez (ed), Canada and Mexico’s Security in a Changing North America. Queen’s-McGill University Press, 2006
- “Mexico’s Raging Drug Wars: Year In Review 2009.”
- Encyclopædia Britannica Book of the Year, 2010;
- “Drug trafficking and United States-Mexico relations. Causes of conflict”, in Paul J. Kenny and Mónica Serrano (eds.) Mexico’s security failure, New York: Routledge, 2012, pp. 143-160
- “Violence in Mexico: in search of an explanation”, en Bruce Bagley, Hanna Kassab y Jonathan Rosen (eds), Reconceptualizing security in the western hemisphere in the 21st Century”, Nueva York: Lexington Books, 2015.
Lecturer, Macquarie UniversityVIEW PROFILE
Co-Founder at Noria Research / PhD Candidate at Sorbonne UniversityVIEW PROFILE
Carmen Rosa De-León-Escribano
Executive Director, Instituto de Enseñanza para el Desarrollo Sostenible (IEPADES)VIEW PROFILE
Investigative journalist, author and broadcaster and an associate professor at Columbia University’s Harriman InstituteVIEW PROFILE
Professor, Universidad Nacional Autónoma de MéxicoVIEW PROFILE
Gabriella E. Sanchez
Lead of Migrant Smuggling Research, Migration Policy Centre, European University InstituteVIEW PROFILE