THE GLOBAL INITIATIVE NETWORK
Professor of Public Security Department at the Zhejiang Police College and Director of the Zhejiang Institute of Policing, China
Cheng Jin is the professor of Public Security Department at Zhejiang Police College, the director of Zhejiang Institute of Policing in China. He is also serving as the Secretary-general of Zhejiang Provincial Association for Juvenile Delinquency and the broad member of China Association for Juvenile Delinquency Prevention and Asian Criminological Society. He was a visiting scholar at the New South Wales Police College in Australia in 2004, a visiting professor at College of Criminal Justice of Sam Houston State University in the United States from 2006 to 2007 and a visiting scholar at the Institute of Criminology of University of Cambridge in 2012. He is currently on the editorial board of Journal of China Juvenile Delinquency Prevention. His resent research interests are focusing on Modern Policing Administration, Comparative Study in Policing, and Crime Analysis with Crime Mapping and Crime of New Generation Migrants Workers in China. He has received many research grants in recent years and now is the principle investigator of “A study on crime of new generation migrants workers in China”, which is funded by China National Philosophy and Social Science Foundation.
- Jin Cheng. The Options of Policing Strategy at the background of Social Management Innovation, Journal of Zhejiang Police College (Social Science), Hangzhou, China, 2010
- Ivan Y. Sun, Michael A. Cretacci, Yuning Wu, Cheng Jin. Chinese police cadets’ attitudes toward police role and work. Policing: An International Journal of Police Strategies & Management, Vol. 32 No. 4, 2009 pp. 758-780
- Jin Cheng. The Approaches of Equality Rights on Basic Public Security Service in Zhejiang Province. Journal of Chinese People’s Public Security University (Social Science), Beijing, China, 2008
- Jin Cheng. The Application Assessment on the Video Surveillance System in Street Crime Prevention and Controlling. Journal of Chinese People’s Public Security University (Social Science), Beijing, China, 2008.
- Jin Cheng. A Comparative Research Program of Youth and Gang between China and American, Journal of Juvenile Delinquency study, Shanghai, China, 2008.
- Jin Cheng. The new trend of policing strategy in the background of terrorism in the United States. Journal of Chinese People’s Public Security University (Social Science), Beijing, China, 2007.
- Jin Cheng. A study of crime mapping on street property crime in China. Journal of Crime Study, Shanghai, China, 2007.
- Jin Cheng. The evidence and its admissibility standards in Administrative procedures. Journal of Chinese People’s Public Security University (Social Science), Beijing, China, 2006.
- Jin Cheng. A study of assaulting police officers’ behavior. Journal of public security study, Beijing, China, 2005.
- Jin Cheng. Simulation Practice of Case of Offend against Public Order Investigation, Chinese People’s Public Security University Press, Beijing, China, 2011.
- Jin Cheng. Case of Offend Against Public Order Investigation, Masses Press, Beijing, China, 2009.
- Jin Cheng. A study of policing issues in transitional China. Chinese People’s Public Security University Press, Beijing, China, 2007.
Distinguished Professor, School of Criminal Justice, Rutgers UniversityVIEW PROFILE
Chief Operating Officer, Pryon, Inc.VIEW PROFILE
Professor (SAP), Hanyang UniversityVIEW PROFILE
Administrator & Director West Bengal State ForensicVIEW PROFILE