25 Sep 2018
3:00 PM – 5:00 PM
Scandinavia House 58 Park Avenue, (between 37th and 38th St.) in the gallery
Posted on 17 Sep 2018
The Government of Norway and Global Initiative Against Transnational Organized Crime would like to invite you to a high-level event on the margins of the 73rd United Nations General Assembly.
The nature of illegal wildlife trade is constantly evolving, in particular through emerging use of online platforms by illegal traders to connect with consumers worldwide and evade oversight.
This high level event will present new research analyzing the dynamics of diverse forms of online markets in wildlife and wildlife products, including findings from the Global Initiative of a project funded by the Norwegian Ministry of Foreign Affairs. The panel will engage in a dynamic discussion on what innovations of technology could be effective in addressing them, by disrupting trade chains and displacing illegal trade from established platforms.
- H.E. Ola Elvestuen Minister of Climate and Environment, Government of Norway
- Mark Shaw Director, Global Initiative Against Transnational Organized Crime
Moderated debate featuring:
- Tuesday Reitano Deputy Director, Global Initiative Against Transnational Organized Crime
- Carl Miller Research Director, Centre for the Analysis of Social Media, DEMOS
- Felipe Thomaz Associate Professor of Marketing, Saïd Business School, University of Oxford
- Amy Hinsley Research Fellow, Oxford Martin Programme on the Illegal Wildlife Trade
For further information or any inquiries, please contact Ms. Julia Stanyard at email@example.com.