Stefan's Twitter Feed
- RT @UNPOL : #MONUSCO remet des équipements de maintien de l’ordre à la Police congolaise à #Kalemie https://t.co/v52mU4PiiY #RDC #UNPOL @UN … 16 hours ago
- RT @ONUinfo : En #Haïti, le #ConseildeSécurité souligne les perspectives de développement qu'offre la stabilité retrouvée du pays ►https://t… 1 day ago
- RT @UNPeacekeeping : More about the great work of the United Nations Office of Rule of Law and Security Institutions #investinginpeace https… 1 day ago
- RT @UN : Women in @UNPeacekeeping are role models in male-dominated societies, pushing for women's rights & participation: https://t.co/JVHe… 1 day ago
- RT @UN_CYPRUS : An Garda Síochána (Irish police) Commissioner Nóirín O'Sullivan visited #UNFICYP HQ on 23 June, meeting SRSG Spehar & Irish… 2 days ago
Police Advisor, Department of Peacekeeping Operations, DPKO, United Nations
On 18 April, 2013, United Nations Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon announced the appointment of Stefan Feller of Germany as the new United Nations Police Adviser in the Department of Peacekeeping Operations.
Mr. Feller has more than 40 years of professional experience in national and international policing, in particular strategic planning, operations and policy development. He served in the State Police of North-Rhine Westphalia for more than 21 years, where he rose to the rank of Director of Operations. Since 2000, Mr. Feller has pursued an international career in peacekeeping. Among other posts, he was the Police Commissioner in the United Nations Interim Administration Mission in Kosovo, the Head of the Police Unit in the Council of the European Union, and from 2008 to 2012, the Head of the European Union Police Mission in Bosnia and Herzegovina.
Mr. Feller studied at the College of Public Administration of North-Rhine Westphalia and completed a senior degree in public administration at the German Federal Police Academy.