Stefan's Twitter Feed
- For updates on the work of #UNPOL in the new UN mission in #Haiti, follow @minujusth https://t.co/BUNe3doL4n 2 days ago
- RT @MONUSCO : #RDC La Police de l'#ONU apporte son appui conseil à la Police Congolaise en matière de droits des gardes à vue https://t.co/d… 2 days ago
- RT @UNPeacekeeping : Did you know? The @UN has mandatory e-learning course for all staff to prevent & report sexual exploitation & abuse: ht… 2 days ago
- RT @UNPeacekeeping : We congratulate @UNMAS on receiving Global Leadership Awd for work in mine action that has saved millions of lives: htt… 3 days ago
- RT @UNPeacekeeping : @UNPeacekeeping has just launched its new website! Check it out: https://t.co/YlFaD6lqrF https://t.co/amv58lC5Zr 3 days ago
Police Advisor, Department of Peacekeeping Operations, DPKO, United Nations
On 18 April, 2013, United Nations Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon announced the appointment of Stefan Feller of Germany as the new United Nations Police Adviser in the Department of Peacekeeping Operations.
Mr. Feller has more than 40 years of professional experience in national and international policing, in particular strategic planning, operations and policy development. He served in the State Police of North-Rhine Westphalia for more than 21 years, where he rose to the rank of Director of Operations. Since 2000, Mr. Feller has pursued an international career in peacekeeping. Among other posts, he was the Police Commissioner in the United Nations Interim Administration Mission in Kosovo, the Head of the Police Unit in the Council of the European Union, and from 2008 to 2012, the Head of the European Union Police Mission in Bosnia and Herzegovina.
Mr. Feller studied at the College of Public Administration of North-Rhine Westphalia and completed a senior degree in public administration at the German Federal Police Academy.