Shirleen's Twitter Feed
- #ParadisePapers #Corruption #Offshore: Everything you need to know about the leak https://t.co/WohNYLka6z 2 weeks ago
- Extractive Resources Conference with many large companies present to address #duediligence #transparency in high ri… https://t.co/yUqwT8v8OC 4 weeks ago
- RT @UNYouthEnvoy : 📸🌏 @unhabitatyouth has just announced the #WeAreClimateChange competition! Check out the work of young photographers docum… 4 weeks ago
- RT @mongabay : Leading US plywood firm linked to alleged destruction, rights violations in Malaysia: https://t.co/mJUe0vsaCp https://t.co/5k… 4 weeks ago
- RT @forestideas : For every person living in Italy's Vertical #Forest building, there are 2 trees, 10 shrubs & 40 plants: https://t.co/4UH7L… 1 month ago
Legal Officer/Programme Manager, Institute for Environmental Security & Founder, Green Transparency
Shirleen Chin is an international legal expert who currently works for the Institute for Environmental Security, which is based in The Hague, the Netherlands. She recently founded Green Transparency, a think tank that works on the intersection between environmental issues and governance. Shirleen is educated in law, international business and mass communications.
In her years of experience, she has acquired some notable recognition. Shirleen has been invited to speak at various international conferences related to anti-corruption, illicit trade, environmental crime and organised crime. Her work also involves contributing to EU projects and working groups on environmental and transnational organised crimes. Parallel to her job, she enjoys writing articles pertaining to governance for partner websites. In 2015, she appeared as an expert guest on a Euronews programme called “On The Frontline” addressing “Dirty Business: Mafia’s Toxic Waste Crime Spreads Across Europe”.
Her areas of expertise comprise public international law, international criminal law, trade, corporate governance, grand corruption, the FCPA, financial crime, CSR, environmental crime, climate change and human rights.
Shirleen is also an independent consultant and regularly offers pro bono legal advice.
- Veening, W. and Chin, S. (December 2016) It is the environment, stupid! Orde van de Dag (Wouters Kluwer)
- (Contributing author) in Ghazi, T.W., Muniruzzaman, A.N.M. and Singh, A.K. (May 2016) Climate Change & Security in South Asia: Cooperating for Peace
- Chin, S. (2016) Pros and cons of harmonising criminal sanctions on environmental crime (Policy Brief No. 17). European Union Action to Fight Environmental Crime (EFFACE) Policy Brief Series
- Chin, S. & Kingham, R.A. (eds) (2016) Planetary Security: Peace and Cooperation in Times of Climate Change and Global Environmental Challenges (Conference Report). Planetary Security Conference 2-3 November 2015, The Hague
- D’alisa, G., Germani, A.R. & Chin, S. (ed) (2015) Illegal Trafficking of Waste: Insights from the Land of Fires, Campania (Italy) (Policy Brief No. 3) European Union Action to Fight Environmental Crime (EFFACE) Policy Brief Series