Raj's Twitter Feed
- Wal-Mart is reportedly telling its tech vendors to leave Amazon's cloud https://t.co/zDGr0Shrbs #cloud #cloudcomputing 3 days ago
- FYI. That makes a total of 52 tools. That's from a start of 7 a year ago!! https://t.co/aKrZhU5s4l 3 days ago
- I feel like @TrendMicro PR this morning! New decryption tool for MacOS #ransomware added to #Nomoreransom. https://t.co/KT8xj6FWPP 3 days ago
- RT @McAfee : . @Raj_Samani discusses the upcoming industry-wide shift on #security in financial services. More on the changes. https://t.co/Z… 3 days ago
- Locky #ransomware returns but only "older OS versions such as XP and Vista are affected" https://t.co/l3WfSrEnsg 4 days ago
VP, Chief Technical Officer for McAfee EMEA
Raj Samani is an active member of the Information Security industry, through involvement with numerous initiatives to improve the awareness and application of security in business and society. He is currently working as the EMEA Chief Technical Officer for Intel Security, having previously worked as the Chief Information Security Officer for a large public sector organisation in the UK. He was inducted into the Infosecurity Europe Hall of Fame (2012), won the Virus Bulletin Péter Ször Award for the paper/investigation he co-authored on the takedown of the Beebone Botnet, and was named in the UK’s top 50 data leaders and influencers by Information Age.
He previously worked across numerous public sector organisations, in many cyber security and research orientated working groups across Europe. He is also the Syngress books ‘Applied Cyber Security and the Smart Grid’, “CSA Guide to Cloud Computing”, and technical editor “Industrial Network Security (vol2)” and “Cyber Security for decision makers”.
In addition, Raj is currently the Cloud Security Alliance’s Chief Innovation Officer and previously served as Vice President for Communications in the ISSA UK Chapter where he presided over the award of Chapter Communications Programme of the Year 2008 and 2009. He is also Special Advisor for the European CyberCrime Centre, also on the advisory council for the Infosecurity Europe show, Infosecurity Magazine, and expert on both searchsecurity.co.uk, and Infosec portal, and regular columnist on Help Net Security. He has had numerous security papers published, and regularly appears on television commenting on computer security issues.