Raj's Twitter Feed
- New blog by me. Now freely available. Ransomware Decryption Framework https://t.co/V0QudFxhVf #ransomware 14 hours ago
- RT @JeffElder : These two take out bad guys who hack hospitals. @Raj_Samani and @ChristiaanBeek announce new *free* #ransomware-busting tool… 19 hours ago
- RT @McAfee : Introducing the free ransomware decryption tool announced at #MPOWER17 by @Raj_Samani @ChristiaanBeek . https://t.co/vNJ9CTuwSv 19 hours ago
- Getting ready to go on stage with @ChristiaanBeek at #MPOWER17 - also great to meet @briankrebs earlier. https://t.co/MVkqEuojQK 21 hours ago
- RT @ChristiaanBeek : Want to learn about our infiltration, LE operation on #ransomware and a new tool? Vote for our keynote with @Raj_Samani … 1 day ago
VP, Chief Technical Officer for McAfee EMEA
Raj Samani is an active member of the Information Security industry, through involvement with numerous initiatives to improve the awareness and application of security in business and society. He is currently working as the EMEA Chief Technical Officer for Intel Security, having previously worked as the Chief Information Security Officer for a large public sector organisation in the UK. He was inducted into the Infosecurity Europe Hall of Fame (2012), won the Virus Bulletin Péter Ször Award for the paper/investigation he co-authored on the takedown of the Beebone Botnet, and was named in the UK’s top 50 data leaders and influencers by Information Age.
He previously worked across numerous public sector organisations, in many cyber security and research orientated working groups across Europe. He is also the Syngress books ‘Applied Cyber Security and the Smart Grid’, “CSA Guide to Cloud Computing”, and technical editor “Industrial Network Security (vol2)” and “Cyber Security for decision makers”.
In addition, Raj is currently the Cloud Security Alliance’s Chief Innovation Officer and previously served as Vice President for Communications in the ISSA UK Chapter where he presided over the award of Chapter Communications Programme of the Year 2008 and 2009. He is also Special Advisor for the European CyberCrime Centre, also on the advisory council for the Infosecurity Europe show, Infosecurity Magazine, and expert on both searchsecurity.co.uk, and Infosec portal, and regular columnist on Help Net Security. He has had numerous security papers published, and regularly appears on television commenting on computer security issues.