Pete's Twitter Feed
- Palm Beach County law enforcers teamed up with ATF to pioneer standard Crime Gun and Forensic Intelligence Protocol… https://t.co/wcifSyhjAB 3 weeks ago
- RT @PaulNeudigate : . @CincyPD Mountain Bikes arrested Mario Williams, M/35, for illegal possession of this handgun in the West End. Mr. Wil… 3 weeks ago
- "ATF is using the most advanced technology here in Chicago to trace bullet casings, mine the internet for clues, an… https://t.co/jrbRxtaa0L 3 weeks ago
- A mother’s plea for justice, resolution & peace in the unsolved murder of her 3-yr-old son finds ATF, the KCPD and… https://t.co/3nVmeF2kQn 3 weeks ago
- In Jacksonville, cross-jurisdictional teamwork, policy driven tactics and layered & leveraged technology led to the… https://t.co/JdAMN4NKib 4 weeks ago
Principal Officer, Triple Barrel Strategies LLC
Pete Gagliardi is the Principal Officer of Triple Barrel Strategies LLC; his consultancy company provides thought leadership and strategic planning support to help governments develop sustainable solutions aimed at bringing justice to the victims of gun violence, closure to their families and peace to their neighborhoods.
He has over 46 years of experience extracting useful investigative information from crime guns and related evidence in both the public and private sectors.
Sixteen of those years he served as the Senior Vice President with Ultra Electronics Forensic Technology Inc. and its predecessor Forensic Technology Inc., the developers of the Integrated Ballistics Identification System (IBIS).
Thirty of those years were in law enforcement – most of which was focused on the investigation of firearms and explosives related crimes with the United States Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms (ATF).
He has served as ATF’s principal liaison to Congress, the Deputy Assistant Director of Science and Technology, the Deputy Assistant Director of Law Enforcement Programs, and the Chief of Strategic Planning. In 1999, Pete retired from ATF as the Special Agent in Charge of the New York Field Division.
In 2010, Pete authored the book entitled: The 13 Critical Tasks: An Inside-Out Approach to Solving More Gun Crime, (offered at http://www.ultra-forensictechnology.com/services#13). He has delivered over sixty 13 Critical Task Seminars to law enforcers in many countries throughout the world.
He currently serves on the Firearms Committee of the International Association of Chiefs of Police (IACP).
- The 13 critical tasks: An inside-out approach to solving more gun crime, Cote St-Luc, Quebec, Canada: Forensic Technology Inc., 2013
- Anthony A. Braga and Peter L. Gagliardi, “Enforcing Federal Laws against Firearms Traffickers Raising Operational Effectiveness by Lowering Enforcement Obstacles,” in Daniel W. Webster and Jon S. Vernick, eds., Reducing Gun Violence in America, Baltimore, Maryland: Johns Hopkins University Press, 2013
- “Transnational organized crime and gun violence. A case for firearm forensic intelligence sharing,” International Review of Law, Computers & Technology 26.1, March 2012
- “Helping Police Link More Crimes, Guns, and Suspects Using Regional Processing Protocols,” Forensic Science Policy and Management, 1: 43–48, 2009