Dr Mishra's Twitter Feed
- RT @GlobHistHarvard : Thanks to the great presenters at the Empires: Towards a Global History conference, and to U. of Delhi for hosting us!… 2 months ago
- RT @LSEpublicevents : 7 Nov join #LSEcrime talk w/ @JCollinsIDPU @MishaGlenny @SashaJesperson @Tuesdayjaded @Mark_Shaw_ @LSE_US #LSEcrime ht… 3 months ago
- RT @PIB_India : Environment Ministry releases new categorisation of industries https://t.co/NGx6TFzJha 2 years ago
- RT @SwachhPolitics : Centre not capable enough to run Delhi Police, Delhi HC claims 2 years ago
Om Prakash Mishra
Additional Commissioner of Police, Indian Police Service
A Ph.D. in sociology from Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi, Dr. O.P. Mishra is a serving Indian Police Service Officer of the AGMUT cadre. In his more than twenty seven years active service, Dr. Mishra has distinguished himself as an ace investigator, effective and tactful law and order handler with operational expertise and professional acumen in planning and executing major security arrangements. He is known for his community policing initiatives. The documentary for “Neighbourhood Watch Scheme” made by the officer in the wake of series of serious crimes in one of the posh localities of Delhi was very much appreciated by the public and the authorities. The officer is credited with solving several high profile and sensational cases highlighted by the electronic and print media as District Commanders of Sensitive Districts in Delhi. He played a very instrumental role in ISO certification of the Licensing Unit of Delhi Police.
Dr. Mishra has been the Venue Commander of major event security arrangements like Commonwealth Games, 2010, 14th SAARC Summit held in New Delhi and visit of various Head of the States.
Apart from contributing in policing, the officer has also excelled in academics. His book Policing Delhi: Urbanization, Crime and Law Enforcement, published by Oxford University Press, is an important contribution in understanding the sociology of crime in a metropolitan city like Delhi. He has written for the Indian Police Journal and contributed to different course programme of the Indira Gandhi National Open University and presented papers in various national and international conferences.
As Communications Logistics Officer in the United Nations Mission in Kosovo (Dec 2000- Mar 2002), Dr. Mishra contributed significantly. He is a recipient of Presidents Special Police Duty Medal and the President’s Police Medal for Meritorious Services.
- Watch Out: A Handbook for Safe Living, New Delhi: Niyogi Books (2013)
- Policing Delhi: Urbanization, Crime and Law Enforcement, Oxford: Oxford University Press (2011)
- “Policing in 21st Century,” Indian Police Journal Vol. LII, No. 1 (January-March 2006)
- “A World Within: A Sociological Study of Red Light Area (GB Road, Delhi),” Indian Police Journal, Vol. LI, No. 1 (January-March 2004)