Misha's Twitter Feed
- RT @lost_haemi : @elizondogabriel for those who are interested in the whole story of Nem and #rocinha read the book "Nemesis" by @MishaGlenn … 1 day ago
- A entrevista comigo no Globo sobre o Nem, #Rocinha e o Rio de Janeiro hoje. https://t.co/7Iug3oyM8h 1 day ago
- RT @junimba : Matéria de leitura essencial para entender a situação de violência que vive o Rio, na entrevista de @MishaGlenny . https://t.co… 1 day ago
- The Intercept Brazil reports that were there presidential election now and Lula were not allowed to stand, neo-fascist Bolsonaro would win. 1 day ago
- RT @TheInterceptBr : Se as eleições fossem hoje, sem Lula na disputa, Bolsonaro surge como favorito: https://t.co/L6WYk48BKb por @tomaschiav … 1 day ago
Investigative journalist, author and broadcaster and an associate professor at Columbia University’s Harriman Institute
Misha Glenny is an award-winning investigative journalist, author and broadcaster and an associate professor at Columbia University’s Harriman Institute. Mr. Glenny is one of the world’s leading experts on cybercrime and on global mafia networks. His most recent book, Dark Market: Cyberthieves, Cybercops and You on cybercrime and its consequences is now being published in over twenty editions around the world. His previous book, McMafia: Journey through the Global Criminal Underworld was highly acclaimed, translated into over 30 languages and short-listed for the FT Business Book of the Year, and the Lionel Gelber Prize for International Affairs. McMafia also led to Mr. Glenny’s 2009 TED Talk on the subject.
A former BBC Central Europe Correspondent who covered the revolutions in Eastern Europe and the wars in the former Yugoslavia, Mr. Glenny contributes regularly to the Guardian, Observer, The New York Times and New York Review of Books as well as specialist journals and books dealing with south-eastern Europe. Mr. Glenny has received many awards and accolades during his career.
A regular broadcaster on radio and television, he has advised several southern European countries on policy-making and legislation (sponsored by the Greek government) and is informally consulted on a regular basis by the British Foreign Office, the US State Department and the British Army, as well as by US, European and south European think-tanks. He is also a regular keynote speaker at conference on organised crime, globalisation, south-eastern Europe and US-Europe relations.
- Glenny, M.(2011). ‘Dark Market: How Hackers Became the New Mafia.’ Vintage: New York
- Glenny, M.(2011). ‘Darker Market: The Hunt for Lord Cyric.’ Vintage Digital
- Glenny, M. (2009), ‘McMafia: A Journey Through the Global Criminal Underworld.’ Vintage: New York
- Glenny, M.(1999). ‘The Balkans: Nationalism, War & the Great Powers, 1804-1999.’ Penguin: New York
- Glenny, M.(1996), ‘The Fall of Yugoslavia: The Third Balkan War.’ Penguin: New York
- Glenny, M.(1993). ‘The Rebirth of History: Eastern Europe in the Age of Democracy.’ Penguin: New York