Mark's Twitter Feed
- #MSBikeBC Through the Fraser Valley was a great way to sample #BCwine @uncorkBC with @Chaberton216th https://t.co/b0wNmCPQrQ 21 hours ago
- Hunting seals with a shotgun off the coast of remote Inuit village of Rigolet, Labrador @NationalPost #Canada150 https://t.co/hsYx9MAzqz 21 hours ago
- Thank you @kilbyhistoricsi https://t.co/eGf1cSgmYS 1 day ago
- Really happy to have helped support #MSBikeBC with #photography @MSBikeToursBC #Nikon https://t.co/Twgt6FdJqX 2 days ago
- RT @UA_magazine : In photos: 8 iconic Canadian university buildings https://t.co/qmT4G7A7E6 2 days ago
Director, International Operations, Xpera Risk Mitigation and Investigation
Since joining the firm in 2005, Mark has supported both strategic and tactical client interests in Southeast Asia, South and Central America, Africa, the Arabian Gulf and South Asia. Mark oversees the participation of Xpera in the UN Global Compact, the International Code of Conduct for Private Security Service Providers, and the UN Climate Neutral Network as part of Xpera’s approach to corporate social responsibility.
Mark is a licensed security consultant and investigator, and active participant in the ASIS Pacific Chapter. He is a member of the Global Compact anti-corruption working group, the International Association of Security and Investigative Regulators, the Canadian Association of Threat Assessment Professionals, and is past Chair of the Vancouver Board of Trade Community Safety Committee. Mark holds an MA in justice and public safety leadership from Royal Roads University, is a former Program Director at the Justice Institute of British Columbia Police Academy, and began his professional career as a police officer in Vancouver.
- Button, M. & LaLonde, M. W. (2014) Introductory Handbook on State Regulation concerning Civilian Private Security Services. Vienna: United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime. http://www.unodc.org/documents/justice-and-prison-reform/crimeprevention/Ebook0.pdf.
- LaLonde, M. W. (2010). Effective Police Responses to Violence Against Women. Vienna: United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime. (Handbook and accompanying training curriculum). http://www.unodc.org/documents/justice-and-prison-reform/Handbook_on_Effective_police_responses_to_violence_against_women_English.pdf.
- Dandurand, Y., LaLonde, M. W., et al. (2008). Vulnerable Groups in Southern Sudan Prisons: A Preliminary Assessment. Abbotsford, Canada: University of the Fraser Valley Press.