Marcena's Twitter Feed
- RT @GI_TOC : Out now! The Human Conveyor Belt: trends in #HumanSmuggling in #Libya: https://t.co/AxGmV6doDi Launch today @ 9.30: https://t.c… 2 weeks ago
- RT @GI_TOC : Event: "Beyond Convergence", transnational threats in a globalised world. #Geneva 3rd April & #FacebookLive: https://t.co/wvb9O… 3 weeks ago
- RT @GI_TOC : Join us in #Geneva or by #FacebookLive for a high-level discussion on downstream #oil theft on 24 March 12.30: https://t.co/CxH… 3 weeks ago
- Trash big business for #OrgCrime Aus e-waste ending up in toxic African dump, torn apart by children https://t.co/Er2tz1So6S - via @abcnews 3 weeks ago
- A day late, but taking #IWD to recognize the role of #women and building #resilience against #OrganizedCrime https://t.co/ybJSkA4jvp 3 weeks ago
Secretariat, Global Initiative against Transnational Organized Crime
Marcena is Senior Research Analyst at the Global Initiative against Transnational Organized Crime, which she has been with since 2012. Marcena provides research for a number of Global Initiatives projects, analysing a diverse range of organized crime flows, including illicit financial flows, and developing responses. While her work covers a wide scope of material and geographic spread, her current work has focused on development responses to organized crime and the West Africa region. Marcena previously worked with STATT, a boutique global consulting firm, where she analysed migration flows and guided security sector and criminal justice reform. Her past work also includes projects improving access to justice, analysing gender issues, and supporting the Voluntary Trust Fund for Victims of Human Trafficking at the UNODC. Marcena has a JD from Washington and Lee University, and a BA in Political Science from the University of Denver. She is currently based in Queensland, Australia.