Marcena's Twitter Feed
- RT @GI_TOC : Extract of "#Hitmen for Hire: exposing #SouthAfrica's #Underworld", the new book by @GI_TOC Director, @Mark_Shaw_ : https://t.co… 2 months ago
- More The @GIFFproject handbook is now available in Spanish! https://t.co/mLFtjvc9t3 @GI_TOC_esp @EstelleLevinLtd https://t.co/AfwBpbFCLd 2 months ago
- Delayed in sharing, but great article by @securefreesoc on #gold and #criminalized state in #Suriname @GI_TOC https://t.co/QQ8oQUSuey 2 months ago
- Gangsters, Grandmothers and Gold: Japan’s New Crime Wave https://t.co/fZkUVfMgek 3 months ago
- RT @GI_TOC : Our new #report:the major #findings of #research over eight major #smuggling #hubs between the #HornOfAfrica and #EU https://t.… 3 months ago
Secretariat, Global Initiative against Transnational Organized Crime
Marcena is Senior Research Analyst at the Global Initiative against Transnational Organized Crime, which she has been with since 2012. Marcena provides research for a number of Global Initiatives projects, analysing a diverse range of organized crime flows, including illicit financial flows, and developing responses. While her work covers a wide scope of material and geographic spread, her current work has focused on development responses to organized crime and the West Africa region. Marcena previously worked with STATT, a boutique global consulting firm, where she analysed migration flows and guided security sector and criminal justice reform. Her past work also includes projects improving access to justice, analysing gender issues, and supporting the Voluntary Trust Fund for Victims of Human Trafficking at the UNODC. Marcena has a JD from Washington and Lee University, and a BA in Political Science from the University of Denver. She is currently based in Queensland, Australia.