Marcena's Twitter Feed
- RT @GI_TOC : Glittering in the shadows: #gold laundering and #IFFs from #Lebanon: https://t.co/pwmTHyvo1s @MarcenaHunter @GIFFproject 3 days ago
- RT @GI_TOC : #Australia: Reports of #humantrafficking to the @AFPmedia are #increasing. Last year 119, this year 169 https://t.co/k7YI4aDWH0 7 days ago
- RT @GI_TOC : The #GIResilience: a #GlobalProject for #LocalChange, responding to #CriminalisedGovernance - Read #more> https://t.co/uzKZtUDQ… 7 days ago
- RT @Tuesdayjaded : We were pleased to contribute to a collaborative #research series on the Crime-Conflict Nexus coordinated by the... https… 1 week ago
- RT @GI_TOC : Another brave & distinguished #journalist slain in #Mexico's drug war. It is time to fight & protect: https://t.co/rWqN9rbgVs #… 1 week ago
Secretariat, Global Initiative against Transnational Organized Crime
Marcena is Senior Research Analyst at the Global Initiative against Transnational Organized Crime, which she has been with since 2012. Marcena provides research for a number of Global Initiatives projects, analysing a diverse range of organized crime flows, including illicit financial flows, and developing responses. While her work covers a wide scope of material and geographic spread, her current work has focused on development responses to organized crime and the West Africa region. Marcena previously worked with STATT, a boutique global consulting firm, where she analysed migration flows and guided security sector and criminal justice reform. Her past work also includes projects improving access to justice, analysing gender issues, and supporting the Voluntary Trust Fund for Victims of Human Trafficking at the UNODC. Marcena has a JD from Washington and Lee University, and a BA in Political Science from the University of Denver. She is currently based in Queensland, Australia.