Jorge's Twitter Feed
- RT @gabrielguerrac : Dejen ustedes el dispendio, el mal gusto!!! https://t.co/sfPOxXrsu3 14 minutes ago
- RT @CartonCalderon : No pos sí. ¡Valente honestidá! https://t.co/Ufyaa9YcT5 14 minutes ago
- Tómala barbón! Gol de @Chivas y de visitante... 1 day ago
- ¿No que no? GOOOOL de @Chivas @ChivasCorazonn 1 day ago
- @rhgirard @ahope71 @lopezobrador_ @PRI_Nacional Ruy: El punto es que todos tienen un pasado y no se les debe juzgar… https://t.co/TfqcrSrL4E 2 days ago
Professor at the Center for Research and Teaching in Economics, Mexico
Jorge Chabat is a full-professor of the Division of International Studies at the Center for Research and Teaching in Economics (CIDE) in Mexico City, since 1983. From 1996 to 1999 he was Director of that Department. He studied his Bachelor’s at El Colegio de Mexico and the Master’s and the Ph.D. in International Affairs at the University of Miami, Florida. He has published extensively in books and journals such as Current History, Journal of Interamerican Studies and World Affairs and Annals of the American Academy of Political and Social Science about Mexican foreign policy and U.S.-Mexican relations and drug trafficking. He co-edited, with John Bailey, the book Trasnational crime and public security: challenges to Mexico and the United States, University of California San Diego, 2002. He has published: “Mexico: The Security Challenge” in Jordi Diez (ed), Canada and Mexico’s Security in a Changing North America. Queen’s-McGill University Press, 2006, “Mexico’s Raging Drug Wars: Year In Review 2009.” Encyclopædia Britannica Book of the Year, 2010 and “Drug trafficking and United States-Mexico relations. Causes of conflict”, in Paul J. Kenny y Mónica Serrano (eds.) Mexico’s security failure, New York: Routledge, 2012, pp. 143-160. Professor Chabat is a political commentator for Imagen Radio and the Mexican TV Network Televisa; he writes a by-monthly OpEd for the newspaper El Universal.