Jon's Twitter Feed
- RT @IUCN : Our oceans play a key role in achieving the #SDGs https://t.co/qBwg7vNNfc #GlobalGoalsWeek https://t.co/8KZ4QUAOTp 17 hours ago
- RT @IMOHQ : 10 days until #worldmaritimeday 2017 Remember to tell us how you'll be celebrating under our theme "Connecting Ships, Ports and… 19 hours ago
- Along with @SecureFisheries & @OEF_Research ! https://t.co/wB2PngwHgv 20 hours ago
- RT @issafrica : This week | The need for secure and efficient shipping is driving the expansion of ports in Africa. #ViewonAfrica https://t.… 2 days ago
- RT @WMUHQ : Thursday is last chance to register for Sweden's #WorldMaritimeDay celebrations at WMU on 26 Sept-Learn more https://t.co/lSeunQ… 2 days ago
Director, Oceans Beyond Piracy Program – One Earth Future Foundation
Mr. Huggins joined One Earth Future Foundation in Denver, Colorado as the Director of Oceans Beyond Piracy (OBP) in September 2010. OBP focuses on promoting multi-stakeholder cooperation between industry, governments and civil society as the most effective and sustainable way to fight maritime piracy. In support of this goal, OBP has produced ground-breaking reports on the Economic and Human Cost of Piracy, has brokered agreements between leading Flag States for better reporting on the Human Cost, and promoted public-private partnerships to improve counter-piracy messaging. Recent OBP efforts have focused on supporting the Contact Group on Piracy off the Coast of Somalia and working with Somali Federal and Regional authorities to develop the Somali Maritime Resource and Security Strategy.
Before arriving in Colorado, Mr. Huggins served as NATO’s Operational Liaison Officer to the European Union in Brussels, where he was responsible for coordinating interaction between NATO and EU missions in the Horn of Africa, Afghanistan and the Balkans. Mr. Huggins also served on the Operations Staff at NATO Headquarters, where he developed plans and policy recommendations for NATO missions. During his career in the US Navy, Huggins served as a Mission Commander on Naval Surveillance planes on missions over the Pacific Ocean, Middle East and Afghanistan, as well as major staffs in Japan and Washington, DC and was a resident fellow at the Atlantic Council of the United States.
- State of Piracy Report, Oceans Beyond Piracy (2015).
- Somali Prison Survey Report: Piracy Motivations & Deterrents, Oceans Beyond Piracy.
- EUISS Report: Fighting piracy off the coast of Somalia: lessons learned from the Contact Group. Chapter II. The CGPCS: The Evolution of Multilateralism to Multi-stakeholder Collaboration
- OBP Reports and Analyses, Oceans Beyond Piracy (various).