John's Twitter Feed
- Check out my latest analysis on drug production in Laos and Myanmar and why it’s still a major threat | John Coyne… https://t.co/TrlWBktlpG 9 hours ago
- Heavy casualties after overnight battle at Kabul hotel https://t.co/PHDwF8O0Ky via @foreigndesknews 1 day ago
- Swedish PM does not rule out use of army to end gang violence. But it’s unlikely that the army has the training or… https://t.co/pJOsnFUCf2 2 days ago
- Singapore needs stronger anti-bribery laws. And bigger fines and wider investigation powers is a good start https://t.co/ld74ndwZic 2 days ago
- @DigbyHowis @canberratimes Hone Affairs won’t but providing the AG with more directive control over IGIS might 3 days ago
Director, Australian Strategic Policy Institute
Dr John Coyne is the Director of the Australian Strategic Policy Institute’s Border Security Program. Over the last twenty years John has been an intelligence professional at tactical, operational, and strategic levels across a range of military, regulatory, national security and law enforcement organisations. During this period he has worked extensively in the ASEAN region, delivering a range of bilateral research projects. His more recent work in this area has focused on enhancing multilateral ASEAN information exchange regarding non-traditional illicit commodity flows.
John’s Ph.D. examined strategic intelligence in law enforcement targeting transnational serious and organised crime. He has written and published on a range of border security and intelligence issues. He has been a Winston Churchill Fellow and a Vincent Fairfax Fellow.
- “You say you want a revolution (in border security strategy)“, Australian Strategic Policy Institute (February 2016)
- “Securing the Australian frontier: an agenda for border security policy“, Australian Strategic Institute (November 2015)
- “It’s time to change: a new national ice strategy“, Australian Strategic Policy Institute (October 2015)
- “Time to refresh Australia’s National Drug Strategy“, Australian Strategic Policy Institute (September 2015)
- Coyne, J. and Bell, P. (2014), Strategic Intelligence in Law Enforcement: Targeting Transnational Organised Crime, Macmillan Pivot, London