Jessica's Twitter Feed
- #Britain's strategy to stop #refugee boats doomed to fail, study suggests https://t.co/RJ0jXPS0rH #migration… https://t.co/GZ48M0M41v 21 hours ago
- Lone operators, not #criminal #gangs, dominate #peoplesmuggling from #Africa - study https://t.co/6Al1OSGTJM… https://t.co/aau2ikQSEB 21 hours ago
- #LIBYA: New returnees uncover barons, ‘madams’ behind #humantrafficking. Read more at: https://t.co/FV3mEz1BXG… https://t.co/J1o633aShL 22 hours ago
- #Police Thwart #Smuggling of 17 Prospective #MigrantWorkers to #Malaysia https://t.co/u1YEvyVGcn #migration… https://t.co/8sGbdZVb4a 22 hours ago
- #UN #Migration Agency Holds Training on #Trafficking and #IrregularMigration in #Somaliland https://t.co/D8hKfWEfav… https://t.co/vdgmJHxlEM 22 hours ago
Programme Associate, Global Initiative against Transnational Organized Crime
Jessica holds an MA in International Relations and Political Science from the Graduate Institute of International and Development Studies in Geneva, and a BScEcon in International Politics and Strategic Studies from Aberystwyth University.
She first joined the Global Initiative as intern during summer of 2015 and has now become a part of the team as Programme Associate. Her main areas of interest are human trafficking and humanitarian emergencies; her regional focus is the Middle East, especially the Levant. As a native German, Jessica speaks German, English and possesses a limited working proficiency in French. In addition, she has a low intermediate knowledge of Levantine Arabic.
Jessica Gerken and Livia Wagner (May 2016) ‘Understanding Illicit Trade: Impact of Human Trafficking and Smuggling on the Private Sector‘, Global Initiative against Transnational Organized Crime.