Jessica's Twitter Feed
- Escaped #Turkish Convicts Arrested Near Border | https://t.co/bidrvU7V3R https://t.co/9WMRNJixIE #migrantsmuggling 2 hours ago
- #Zwangsprostitution: Sie landen auf der Straße https://t.co/8e23KQOUUh via @faznet #kriminalität #menschenhandel #migration 1 day ago
- #Smugglers Are Demanding A Lot Of Money To Bring #Rohingyas To Safety https://t.co/Q6FkHhH0zm via @poppymcp 2 days ago
- #Italy, Going It Alone, Stalls the Flow of #Migrants. But at What Cost? https://t.co/r7R5QgESaa 2 days ago
- Groups of #ISIS fighters are trying to revive the terror group in #Libya, gateway to #Europe https://t.co/lmsIQBWB0t via @WSJ 2 days ago
Programme Associate, Global Initiative against Transnational Organized Crime
Jessica holds an MA in International Relations and Political Science from the Graduate Institute of International and Development Studies in Geneva, and a BScEcon in International Politics and Strategic Studies from Aberystwyth University.
She first joined the Global Initiative as intern during summer of 2015 and has now become a part of the team as Programme Associate. Her main areas of interest are human trafficking and humanitarian emergencies; her regional focus is the Middle East, especially the Levant. As a native German, Jessica speaks German, English and possesses a limited working proficiency in French. In addition, she has a low intermediate knowledge of Levantine Arabic.
Jessica Gerken and Livia Wagner (May 2016) ‘Understanding Illicit Trade: Impact of Human Trafficking and Smuggling on the Private Sector‘, Global Initiative against Transnational Organized Crime.