Jessica's Twitter Feed
- #deutsche #doppelmoral bei #schwarzarbeit - #IW-Studie: Fast alle #Putzfrauen arbeiten schwarz https://t.co/aO9ep66HjF via @faznet 3 hours ago
- Exclusive: More than 100 die in #Malaysian #immigration #detention camps in two years https://t.co/RkUesRvkFR via @Reuters 4 hours ago
- #Syrian #refugee numbers in the region surpasses five million: UNHCR https://t.co/TJAV14VwEn via @Reuters 4 hours ago
- #Gambian #survivor says 146 missing after #migrant #boat sank off #Libya https://t.co/6TRiWgzbsb 4 hours ago
- Reports: #Germany involved in #deadly #Syria #airstrike https://t.co/q6y2HD9s08 via @dwnews 5 hours ago
Programme Associate, Global Initiative against Transnational Organized Crime
Jessica holds an MA in International Relations and Political Science from the Graduate Institute of International and Development Studies in Geneva, and a BScEcon in International Politics and Strategic Studies from Aberystwyth University.
She first joined the Global Initiative as intern during summer of 2015 and has now become a part of the team as Programme Associate. Her main areas of interest are human trafficking and humanitarian emergencies; her regional focus is the Middle East, especially the Levant. As a native German, Jessica speaks German, English and possesses a limited working proficiency in French. In addition, she has a low intermediate knowledge of Levantine Arabic.
Jessica Gerken and Livia Wagner (May 2016) ‘Understanding Illicit Trade: Impact of Human Trafficking and Smuggling on the Private Sector‘, Global Initiative against Transnational Organized Crime.