Jessica's Twitter Feed
- Teenage #Nigerian #migrant girls drowned at sea, #Italian autopsies confirm https://t.co/Bq4VmML7cH #migration 1 day ago
- Concerns over #Europe seeking to solve its #migrant #crisis at #Libya’s expense https://t.co/bUNBpzXsyS 1 day ago
- #Migrantsmuggling gang caught in #Bulgaria https://t.co/VeTdIen0gt 2 days ago
- The #abuse of #migrants is a blot on the world's conscience @CNNI https://t.co/HXZ7QeaxpI #migration #exploitation 3 days ago
- People for sale: Where lives are auctioned for $400 @CNNAfrica https://t.co/PeF3X8IND6 #slavery #modernslavery #forcedlabour #exploitation 4 days ago
Programme Associate, Global Initiative against Transnational Organized Crime
Jessica holds an MA in International Relations and Political Science from the Graduate Institute of International and Development Studies in Geneva, and a BScEcon in International Politics and Strategic Studies from Aberystwyth University.
She first joined the Global Initiative as intern during summer of 2015 and has now become a part of the team as Programme Associate. Her main areas of interest are human trafficking and humanitarian emergencies; her regional focus is the Middle East, especially the Levant. As a native German, Jessica speaks German, English and possesses a limited working proficiency in French. In addition, she has a low intermediate knowledge of Levantine Arabic.
Jessica Gerken and Livia Wagner (May 2016) ‘Understanding Illicit Trade: Impact of Human Trafficking and Smuggling on the Private Sector‘, Global Initiative against Transnational Organized Crime.