Jessica's Twitter Feed
- #Kidney #traffickers arrested in #Cambodia: #police https://t.co/gIMMaamVtd via @MailOnline 9 hours ago
- #Bulgarian Authorities Disrupted #Migrant #Trafficking Ring https://t.co/nNqGbzyNgh 9 hours ago
- #Organ #traffickers arrested in #Cambodia https://t.co/mzXvjg5HQX 9 hours ago
- Integrated Responses to #HumanSmuggling from the #HornofAfrica to #Europe May 2017 https://t.co/yenL0qlPp1 via @reliefweb 1 day ago
- 'They got the wrong man': Doubts remain over #identity of #peopletrafficking suspect https://t.co/PCDXKlFiEl via @TheLocalItaly 1 day ago
Programme Associate, Global Initiative against Transnational Organized Crime
Jessica holds an MA in International Relations and Political Science from the Graduate Institute of International and Development Studies in Geneva, and a BScEcon in International Politics and Strategic Studies from Aberystwyth University.
She first joined the Global Initiative as intern during summer of 2015 and has now become a part of the team as Programme Associate. Her main areas of interest are human trafficking and humanitarian emergencies; her regional focus is the Middle East, especially the Levant. As a native German, Jessica speaks German, English and possesses a limited working proficiency in French. In addition, she has a low intermediate knowledge of Levantine Arabic.
Jessica Gerken and Livia Wagner (May 2016) ‘Understanding Illicit Trade: Impact of Human Trafficking and Smuggling on the Private Sector‘, Global Initiative against Transnational Organized Crime.