Jessica's Twitter Feed
- Activist: U.S. policies pushing #immigrants into dangerous journeys https://t.co/bUiBDxCikw via @expressnews 7 hours ago
- #Menschenschmuggel in #Texas : Neun Menschen sterben in #Lastwagen https://t.co/Unw81nYEXA 8 hours ago
- #Humantrafficking, sex #crimes and what you can do to help => https://t.co/wY75Cg4zQ5 8 hours ago
- Who bears the brunt of #Thailand’s #crackdown on #migrant workers? https://t.co/PK8I2eAVlU via @SCMP_news 8 hours ago
- #Thai #HumanTrafficking Crackdown Takes Scalps https://t.co/b7a6QuoDPL 8 hours ago
Programme Associate, Global Initiative against Transnational Organized Crime
Jessica holds an MA in International Relations and Political Science from the Graduate Institute of International and Development Studies in Geneva, and a BScEcon in International Politics and Strategic Studies from Aberystwyth University.
She first joined the Global Initiative as intern during summer of 2015 and has now become a part of the team as Programme Associate. Her main areas of interest are human trafficking and humanitarian emergencies; her regional focus is the Middle East, especially the Levant. As a native German, Jessica speaks German, English and possesses a limited working proficiency in French. In addition, she has a low intermediate knowledge of Levantine Arabic.
Jessica Gerken and Livia Wagner (May 2016) ‘Understanding Illicit Trade: Impact of Human Trafficking and Smuggling on the Private Sector‘, Global Initiative against Transnational Organized Crime.