Jeremy's Twitter Feed
- What is the future of organized crime in Latin America and the Caribbean in 2018? https://t.co/qCfLu6i572 5 days ago
- Want to know what the future of the drug trade in Colombia looks like? @InSightCrime @InSightCrime_es https://t.co/MsCr2P7qWC 6 days ago
- RT @HsilvAvalos : Excelente análisis de @stevensdudley y @jerrymcdermott en @InSightCrime #GameChangers2017 https://t.co/RGwgRzuiPC 6 days ago
- @glusing Sorry, been in the field. How can I help? jmcdermott @insightcrime .org 3 months ago
- RT @ronnarisquez : Solidaridad con @DiarioTalCual https://t.co/klgOaESTIp 4 months ago
Executive Director and Co-Founder, InSight Crime
Jeremy McDermott is the executive director and co-founder of InSight Crime, an investigative think-tank that studies organized crime in the Americas. He has almost two decades of experience reporting from around Latin America. He is a former British Army officer, who saw active service in Northern Ireland and Bosnia. Upon retiring from the military he became a war correspondent, covering the Balkans and the Middle East, before settling in Colombia from where he travels extensively throughout Latin America. He previously worked as the BBC’s Colombia Correspondent, as well as Latin America Correspondent for the Daily Telegraph and Jane’s Intelligence Review. He specializes in drug trafficking, organized crime and the Colombian civil conflict.