Jeremy's Twitter Feed
- Want to work with us at @InSightCrime ? https://t.co/IrtwzEoKTn 1 week ago
- RT @mikelasusa : . @jerrymcdermott explains the reality of Colombia’s cocaine trade in light of new @UNODC report: https://t.co/8OxMhdSfyX 1 week ago
- The latest of cocaine production in my adopted homeland https://t.co/LnLfsCo1bD 1 week ago
- RT @InSightCrime : Record Cocaine Production in Colombia Fuels New Criminal Generation https://t.co/ICw0kJjfOW https://t.co/HQG4Jk7nvJ 1 week ago
- RT @InSightCrime : Join Co-directors @stevensdudley and @jerrymcdermott for tomorrow's #WeeklyInSight podcast on Facebook Live! https://t.c… 2 months ago
Executive Director and Co-Founder, InSight Crime
Jeremy McDermott is the executive director and co-founder of InSight Crime, an investigative think-tank that studies organized crime in the Americas. He has almost two decades of experience reporting from around Latin America. He is a former British Army officer, who saw active service in Northern Ireland and Bosnia. Upon retiring from the military he became a war correspondent, covering the Balkans and the Middle East, before settling in Colombia from where he travels extensively throughout Latin America. He previously worked as the BBC’s Colombia Correspondent, as well as Latin America Correspondent for the Daily Telegraph and Jane’s Intelligence Review. He specializes in drug trafficking, organized crime and the Colombian civil conflict.