Jeremy's Twitter Feed
- RT @InSightCrime_es : El último InSight Semanal contó con la presencia de nuestro codirector @jerrymcdermott Conozca sus aportes: https://t.… 2 months ago
- RT @InSightCrime : ICYMI: Last Thursday's Weekly InSight podcast on Facebook Live with @mikelasusa , @jerrymcdermott , and @HsilvAvalos https:… 2 months ago
- RT @InSightCrime : The latest development in the explosive battle between the Zetas and the CJNG for Puebla's illicit oil industry: https://… 2 months ago
- RT @InSightCrime : With the highest incarceration rate in the world, it's time that Latin America govts rethink their drug policies: https:/… 2 months ago
- @ComIndar . Thank you. Anything concrete you can send us much appreciated 3 months ago
Executive Director and Co-Founder, InSight Crime
Jeremy McDermott is the executive director and co-founder of InSight Crime, an investigative think-tank that studies organized crime in the Americas. He has almost two decades of experience reporting from around Latin America. He is a former British Army officer, who saw active service in Northern Ireland and Bosnia. Upon retiring from the military he became a war correspondent, covering the Balkans and the Middle East, before settling in Colombia from where he travels extensively throughout Latin America. He previously worked as the BBC’s Colombia Correspondent, as well as Latin America Correspondent for the Daily Telegraph and Jane’s Intelligence Review. He specializes in drug trafficking, organized crime and the Colombian civil conflict.