Jeremy's Twitter Feed
- RT @ronnarisquez : Solidaridad con @DiarioTalCual https://t.co/klgOaESTIp 1 week ago
- RT @InSightCrime : Venezuela’s prisons minister seems to be pretty close with some powerful inmates. But she denies any impropriety. https:/… 2 weeks ago
- Take a look at the story of Venezuela's prisons, motors for organized crime in a collapsing nation @InSightCrime https://t.co/bhEIliKdS5 2 weeks ago
- RT @PJAsmann : @jerrymcdermott @InSightCrime @mimi_galia Part 1: https://t.co/Tvpq1MhN4q // Part 2: https://t.co/hHVB6ldvtl 2 weeks ago
- RT @mikelasusa : The last installment in our 3-part series on the FARC’s riches, by @jerrymcdermott https://t.co/RWywARVHIK (With cool maps… 2 weeks ago
Executive Director and Co-Founder, InSight Crime
Jeremy McDermott is the executive director and co-founder of InSight Crime, an investigative think-tank that studies organized crime in the Americas. He has almost two decades of experience reporting from around Latin America. He is a former British Army officer, who saw active service in Northern Ireland and Bosnia. Upon retiring from the military he became a war correspondent, covering the Balkans and the Middle East, before settling in Colombia from where he travels extensively throughout Latin America. He previously worked as the BBC’s Colombia Correspondent, as well as Latin America Correspondent for the Daily Telegraph and Jane’s Intelligence Review. He specializes in drug trafficking, organized crime and the Colombian civil conflict.