Iris's Twitter Feed
- "My 1st husband had an #app on his phone. A market for sex #slaves. A virgin cost $10,000" #humantrafficking #TOC https://t.co/pRf8jKNE6c 11 minutes ago
- RT @AssassinationZA : Hitmen for hire at Glebelands hostel in KZN https://t.co/f3RtDBotuE 5 days ago
- RT @GI_TOC : Is there an ongoing problem with #wildlife trafficking at #airports? @LegalAtlas @USAID @C4ADS @ROUTESPartners https://t.co/kmU… 2 weeks ago
- RT @ONU_fr : 30% des entreprises de tourisme en Afrique dirigées par des femmes. Nouveau rapport #CNUCED @UNCTAD https://t.co/59h78CKnPm htt… 3 weeks ago
- RT @Tuesdayjaded : SO excited to be kicking off the #ENACT project #research foundational meeting in #CapeTown. Amazing global experts in th… 3 weeks ago
Programme Associate, Global Initiative against Transnational Organized Crime
Iris holds an MA in International Relations and European Politics (MIREP) from the University of Bath and an MA in International Project Management from the Sorbonne.
She first joined the Global Initiative against Transnational Organized Crime Secretariat as Intern in March 2015, and is now a Programme Associate.
Her main areas of interest are environmental crime, drug and human trafficking, as well as development issues with a regional focus on Africa and Latin America mainly. Prior to joining the Global Initiative, Iris wrote a thesis entitled “Illegal Wildlife Trafficking and Global Security: the case of the illegal tiger trade in Southeast Asia” on the growing involvement of international organised crime networks in wildlife smuggling and its threat to global security.
Additionally, she has been working on counter-terrorism issues as part of the EU funded programme CT MORSE in Brussels.
A French native, Iris is also fluent in English, Spanish and is proficient in Portuguese.