Hong-Eng's Twitter Feed
- #Cloud offers tremendous benefits. Who is your provider? Do consider their #security and business continuity plans #BCP #DR #InfoSec #Huawei 3 hours ago
- RT @HuaweiAPAC : Governments can deliver on promises to their citizens by becoming a smart nation. Learn more at #HuaweiConnect2017: https:… 4 hours ago
- Hope the missing #USSJohnSMcCain sailors will be found soon. All the best to the rescuers too! @SingaporePolice … https://t.co/7iU1SOTWDe 6 hours ago
- Join us @ #HWConnect to learn more about #SafeCity #PublicSafety, especially in the age of #DigitalTransformation.… https://t.co/T5JeQIYKOj 6 hours ago
- RT @AdelinaKamal : ASEAN disaster response centre to expand scope beyond the region: Shanmugam https://t.co/ByUG0OuG2h via @ChannelNewsAsia 7 hours ago
Global Chief Public Safety Expert, Huawei Technologies
With nearly 30 years of policing experience both operational, and in Information and Communication Technologies (ICT), Hong-Eng is a thought leader in Public Safety and Justice (PSJ) on the use of ICT in enabling and even differentiating PSJ agencies for a safer city and nation. He is a well sought after speaker internationally and is well regarded in evangelizing the “It takes a Network to Fight a Network” principle in countering crime, terrorism and disaster. Hong-Eng is also the creator of the “Social-Enabled Policing” concept: policing in the age of social networking and crowd-sourcing.
With his frontline policing experience and deep ICT knowledge, Hong-Eng is a natural expert to PSJ agencies at both operational and ICT levels. He helps PSJ agencies to better understand their future challenges, trends, requirements and best practices. Within Huawei, Hong-Eng advises the product and solution teams to develop state-of-the-art ICT solutions for PSJ agencies. He also enables the internal community of experts, architects, engineers and sales to better serve the needs of ICT customers.
Hong-Eng is also always on the lookout for good solution partners to work with Huawei’s ICT offering from Device to Pipe to Cloud. Such business-driven ecosystem is crucial to exceed today’s requirements by PSJ agencies. To ensure efficient implementation and delivery of end-to-end solutions, Hong-Eng supports the enablement of Systems Integrators.
Hong-Eng graduated from the National University of Singapore with an Honors Degree in Mathematics & Computing. He obtained his MBA with Distinction from the University of Leeds and a Specialist Diploma in eCommerce from the Singapore’s Nanyang Polytechnic. He is a Vice President of The Society for the Policing of Cyberspace (POLCYB), an international non-profit society that promotes global partnerships with international criminal justice and corporate agencies to combat and prevent cyberspace crimes.
Hong-Eng is appointed by the Singapore Ministry of Health as a member of the National Organ Transplant Ethics Committee. He lives in Singapore with his wife and two teenage children.