Herman's Twitter Feed
- RT @abpnewstv : India's #ManushiChhillar wins coveted #MissWorld2017 pageant, 16 years after #PriyankaChopra won it https://t.co/qS42RiEv4t… 11 hours ago
- RT @ColonelSingh : Miss India is Miss World 2017 👏🏻👏🏻👍👍 11 hours ago
- The sacrifices Police officers of Afghan police has made are an unending tale of valour and never say die attitude.… https://t.co/T77LovDz4T 11 hours ago
- RT @ShekharGupta : This day in 1962. Revisiting Rezang La. 120 soldiers fought. 109 died, 5 wounded & taken POW. Setting for cult war film H… 11 hours ago
- @timesofindia Wasn't it the Congress and ex Congressman Jinnah who cut the country in order to have unbridled power over respective part. 12 hours ago
Inspector General of Police, West Bengal Police, Kolkata, West Bengal, India
Hermanprit Singh is a graduate of India’s National Police Academy (1988-90) and has attended Center of Excellence in Stability Police Units, Vicenza (2005). He worked as Superintendent of Police in Indian state of Bengal (1993-2000) and as Deputy Commissioner of Kolkata Police [2000-2004]. Apart from nearly two decades of civilian policing experience, Mr. Singh has personally led operations against illegally armed groups in India and abroad.
From 2006 to 2008 Mr. Singh was in charge of National Police of Timor leste (PNTL) as UN Deputy Police Commissioner for Operations (UNMIT). During his tenure Mr. Singh contributed to restoration of public order, holding first general elections for Timor Leste and led institutional development program which saw coming into being of National Investigations department for Timor Leste. Mr. Singh has presented papers on core policing areas like Development of Police Doctrine for UN Police, Community Policing, Transnational Organized Crime and Tackling Illegally Armed Groups at National and International fora, Upon returning to his home country Mr. Singh worked as IGP (HQ) in charge of Policy and Personnel division of the State police and later as Director of the State Police Academy. In March 2013 Mr. Singh returned to UN DPKO as Senior Police Liaison Officer.