Havaard's Twitter Feed
- RT @PHSbib : Korleis vel militante islamistar sine terrormål? Cato Hemmingby @hemmingby (forskar ved @Politihogskolen ) har undersøkt milita… 3 days ago
- RT @TheSIPR : Steering from the centre: The Scottish Police Authority and police governance in Scotland @DrAliMalik_ @ScotPolAuth @policesco … 3 days ago
- RT @DrAliMalik_ : A summary of my PhD findings and suggestions arising from the research @ScotPolAuth @HMICscotland @AuditorGenScot https://… 3 days ago
- Cross-border organised crime: Bulgaria and Norway in the context of the migrant crisis https://t.co/ZKDJY3saCE 3 days ago
- Exploring the continuum of lethality: Militant islamists' targeting preferences in Europe https://t.co/Gd5oM5RYKe 3 days ago
Head of Department of Research, Norwegian Police University College (PHS)
Haavard M. Reksten is Head of the Department of Research at the Norwegian Police University College (PHS). A major focus for his Department is to contribute to making police work more knowledge-based and to develop police science as a discipline closely linked to all sides of police practice. Under Rekstens leadership, the Department has developed towards extensive international cooperation, and has substantially expanded its research opportunities based on external funding.
With a background in Arabic language and Development Studies, Reksten has long experience from Norwegian universities, both within academic and management positions. Reksten has also extensive military background, and has had a continuous engagement with the Norwegian Armed Forces for more than a decade.