Glen's Twitter Feed
- @jsteed773 @Piracy_OBP @hsp_hoa Don't understand by a video from 2012 is doing the rounds again. Remember this? https://t.co/T00VjL0fpV 7 hours ago
- Attacked off Somali Coast. Warship in Vicinity. Vessel & Crew Safe - 22 Apr. https://t.co/R9ZDIrBK1c 11 hours ago
- The latest The https://t.co/rZ4pZu2mm6 Daily! https://t.co/xLlSTDNj40 Thanks to @IlyaGridneff @susieBgoodall @MESHCities #logistics #news 12 hours ago
- RT @Rule2Sailor : Golden Globe Race Plymouth start confirmed https://t.co/oe8w41cukw https://t.co/9QA08Kv046 19 hours ago
- Refugees stranded for 30 hours before rescue in Mediterranean https://t.co/jrHM4M0HeM 19 hours ago
Glen Forbes served 34 years in the UK Royal Navy in many ranks and in missions such as UK’s cruise missile facility, the Iraq war and Northern Ireland. Seconded to EUNAVFOR for Operation Atalanta off Somalia in 2008, he led a small but highly skilled team in providing complete communications networking for the EU’s first-ever maritime operation. Setting up the Maritime Security Centre (Horn of Africa), supporting the international shipping community, he won a Safety at Sea award for management/operations and Lloyd’s List award in 2009.
Leaving the Royal Navy in 2010, he co-founded ForbesWallace, a consultancy focused on maritime-based information sharing capability. One venture, OCEANUSLive, an online service supports seafaring, security communities and governing authorities by providing real-time information sharing on maritime security in high-risk areas. That too, was shortlisted in the Safety At Sea Awards in 2012.
Consulting for governments, including the FCO, and maritime authorities; he also writes and comments on maritime security issues for major media outlets. More recently acknowledged contribution to the highly successful book, ‘Deep Sea and Foreign Going’ by Rose George, and the Oceans Beyond Piracy annual reports. Hugely experienced in training multinational naval communications teams in operations at sea, and as Head of Marine Development for SETEL Powerline for smartship and smart grid networking capability, Glen also studied law. He enjoys the challenge of combining such skills to enhance maritime situational awareness and is based in the Southwest UK.
- Oceans Beyond Piracy (2014), The State of Maritime Piracy 2014: Assessing the Economic and Human Cost, Denver, Colorado: One Earth Future Foundation
- Oceans Beyond Piracy (2013), The State of Maritime Piracy 2013, Denver, Colorado: One Earth Future Foundation