Glen's Twitter Feed
- RT @Landfall3DArt : The framed 3D relief model of #Corfu | hand cut from vintage nautical charts https://t.co/9gtuqkof9y 1 hour ago
- @Setel_PL https://t.co/OljB0p68Gr 3 hours ago
- RT @ReutersAfrica : Bodies of 27 migrants recovered in west #Libya, 13 in shipping container https://t.co/QKstTpnC6S https://t.co/W6yvGGECyx 5 hours ago
- The latest The https://t.co/rZ4pZu2mm6 Daily! https://t.co/fjQwPe4kRq Thanks to @SarahKentWSJ @Sophia_MJones @AlinoorMB #logistics #news 19 hours ago
- RT @Maritimegeek : Great news this is a world wide problem that will in time effect us all unless we take action. #oceanplastic #plastic @oc … 20 hours ago
Glen Forbes served 34 years in the UK Royal Navy in many ranks and in missions such as UK’s cruise missile facility, the Iraq war and Northern Ireland. Seconded to EUNAVFOR for Operation Atalanta off Somalia in 2008, he led a small but highly skilled team in providing complete communications networking for the EU’s first-ever maritime operation. Setting up the Maritime Security Centre (Horn of Africa), supporting the international shipping community, he won a Safety at Sea award for management/operations and Lloyd’s List award in 2009.
Leaving the Royal Navy in 2010, he co-founded ForbesWallace, a consultancy focused on maritime-based information sharing capability. One venture, OCEANUSLive, an online service supports seafaring, security communities and governing authorities by providing real-time information sharing on maritime security in high-risk areas. That too, was shortlisted in the Safety At Sea Awards in 2012.
Consulting for governments, including the FCO, and maritime authorities; he also writes and comments on maritime security issues for major media outlets. More recently acknowledged contribution to the highly successful book, ‘Deep Sea and Foreign Going’ by Rose George, and the Oceans Beyond Piracy annual reports. Hugely experienced in training multinational naval communications teams in operations at sea, and as Head of Marine Development for SETEL Powerline for smartship and smart grid networking capability, Glen also studied law. He enjoys the challenge of combining such skills to enhance maritime situational awareness and is based in the Southwest UK.
- Oceans Beyond Piracy (2014), The State of Maritime Piracy 2014: Assessing the Economic and Human Cost, Denver, Colorado: One Earth Future Foundation
- Oceans Beyond Piracy (2013), The State of Maritime Piracy 2013, Denver, Colorado: One Earth Future Foundation