Frederick T. Martens
President, Complex Litigation Sciences, LLC
Frederick T. Martens is the President of Complex Litigation Sciences, a global investigative firm located in the New York and Los Angeles Metropolitan area. He authored We’ll Make You An Offer You Can’t Refuse: A Primer on The Investigation of Public Corruption and co-authored Police Intelligence In Crime Control: Maintaining a Delicate Balance in a Liberal Democracy. He retired as Detective/Lieutnant from the New Jersey State Police; was the Executive Director of the Pennsylvania Crime Commission where he was responsible for investigating public corruption related to organized crime; an integrity monitor at “Ground Zero” – the site of the former World Trade Center in New York City; and has conducted investigations on behalf of Fortune 500 companies.
He holds a Master’s Degree from Fordham University; another Master’s Degree from John Jay College of Criminal Justice; was a Past President of IASOC; and is a member of the Vidocq Society.
- “Organized Crime Control: The Limits of Government Intervention”, in Journal of Contemporary Criminal Justice (1983)
- “Cross-Cultural Reflections on Organized Crime” in International Journal of Contemporary and Applied Criminal Justice (1984)
- “Transnational Organized Crime and the Elimination of Frontiers” in International Journal of Contemporary and Applied Criminal Justice (1991)
- “Policing Organized Crime: Comparative Structures, Traditions and Policies Within the United States and Canada” in Journal of Contemporary Criminal Justice (1998)
- “Crime: Organized” in Encyclopedia of Social and Behavioural Sciences (2001)