Ero's Twitter Feed
- RT @AliVaez : We’re launching a new initiative on Thursday to monitor all the key flash points between Iran & the US. Come check it out ...… 7 hours ago
- RT @eu_eeas : "EU will increase its work to relaunch peace process. We will have a similar conversation with President Abbas. Worst thing th… 8 hours ago
- RT @eu_eeas : "PM Netanyahu realised there is full EU unity: only realistic solution is based on two states, with #Jerusalem as capital. We… 8 hours ago
- Ahead of the Paris meeting on 13 December @CrisisGroup will issue a briefing on the #G5Sahel https://t.co/qu6QOCTiSY 8 hours ago
- RT @atlas_women : . @SharanjeetP and @VOosterveld speaking about the prosecution of #SGBV at the #SCSL on the Permanent Mission of Canada, 1… 22 hours ago
Africa Program Director, International Crisis Group
As Crisis Group’s Africa Program Director since 2011, Comfort Ero oversees the organisation’s work in West, Central, Southern and Horn of Africa. She first joined the organisation in 2001 as West Africa Project Director, before serving for three years as the Political Affairs Officer and Policy Advisor to the Special Representative of the Secretary General in Liberia. Prior to Crisis Group, she was Deputy Director of the Africa Program at the International Center for Transitional Justice, Research Fellow at the Conflict, Security and Development Group at King’s College, and a Research Associate for the International Institute for Strategic Studies. She has a PhD from the London School of Economics. Her areas of expertise include conflict prevention, management and resolution, mediation, peacekeeping, transitional justice, and Africa’s politics and international relations, as well as economic governance. Comfort also sits on the editorial board of various journals, including International Peacekeeping; African Affairs – voted leading journal on the Sub-Saharan Africa; Journal of Peace and Development, Journal of International Peacekeeping and International Journal of Transitional Justice.
- Countering Terrorism Must Go Beyond International Law Enforcement, Today’s Zaman, 3 October 2014 (with Hugh Pope);
- “Peacebuilding through Statebuilding in West Africa? The Cases of Sierra Leone and Liberia”, in Devon Curtis and Gwinyayi Dzinesa (ed.), Peacebuildiing, Powers and Politics in Africa, Ohio Press, 2012;
- Why Mali is Falling Apart, CNN World,14 August 2012;
- Boko Haram, reflet d’un profond malaise au Nigeria, Le Figaro, 22 February 2012.