Tuesday's Twitter Feed
- RT @timwalker919 : The contact group at 20: Challenges for the upcoming plenary https://t.co/lw1LsZ9IdK 1 week ago
- RT @HELLENICSHIP : #Piracy: Increased Naval Presence in the #GulfofAden #maritimesecurity https://t.co/CV6WUbkdSB 1 week ago
- RT @AsketOperations : Office of Naval Intelligence #ONI - Worldwide Threat to Shipping (WTS) #marsec #piracy #shipping #insurance #pandi h… 1 week ago
- Interesting argument by Slogett why UK should invest more in #marsec. How far should we go in securitizing the #sea? https://t.co/1nzrqrhF6r 1 week ago
- Celebrating promotion to full professor with htttp://safeseas.net team, great evening! https://t.co/AmLgy6sMHA 2 weeks ago
Reader in International Relations, Cardiff University
Dr. Christian Bueger is Reader (Associate Professor) in International Relations at Cardiff University and an Honorary Fellow at the University of Seychelles. He is one of the editors of the European Journal of International Security (Cambridge UP) and the web portal for maritime security piracy-studies.org. He is the lead investigator of the Lessons Learned Consortium of the Contact Group on Piracy off the Coast of Somalia (www.lessonsfrompiracy.net).
In his research that has been funded by the UK’s Economic and Social Research Council and the British Academy he studies responses to maritime crime with a focus on the Western Indian Ocean region. In particular, he has been studying piracy off the Coast of Somalia. In his ongoing projects he investigates regional maritime security strategies, the political and technical challenges of maritime domain awareness, and the politics of capacity building and maritime security assistance.
Dr. Bueger holds a PhD from the European University Institute (2010) and has been a visiting fellow at the Centre for Advanced Security Theory, Copenhagen University (2013, 2014), the University College London (2015) and the National University of Singapore’s Centre for International Law (2015).
- Pirates, Drugs and Navies. Why the Western Indian Ocean needs a new security architecture, RUSI Journal 161(5): 46-52, 2016 (co-authored with Jan Stockbruegger)
- What is Maritime Security?, Marine Policy 53, 159-164, 2015
- From Dusk to Dawn? Maritime Domain Awareness in Southeast Asia, Contemporary Southeast Asia 17(2), 157-182, 2015
- Learning from Piracy: Future Challenges of Maritime Security Governance, Global Affairs 1(1), 33-42, 2015
- Security Expertise: Practices, Power and Responsibility, London: Routledge PRIO New Security Studies Series, 2015, (co-edited with Trine Villumsen Berling).
- Communities of Security Practice at Work? The Emerging African Maritime Security Regime, African Security 6(3-4), 297-316, 2013
- Practice, Pirates and Coastguards: The Grand Narrative of Somali Piracy, Third World Quarterly 34(10), 1811-1827, 2013.