PhD, Max Planck Institute for the Study of Religious and Ethnic Diversity
Annett Fleischer is a social anthropologist who wrote her doctoral thesis with the title “Making families among Cameroonian ‘bushfallers’ in Germany: marriage, migration, and the law” at the Max Planck Institute for Demographic Research and at the Institute for Social Anthropology, Free University Berlin. Using the case of Cameroonian migrants in Germany, the dissertation examines the interplay of transnational mobility, family and kinship among migrants and the overarching legal framework of immigration and integration.
Since 2008 she worked in different positions in international development cooperation, among others as project coordinator and consultant for GIZ, UNFPA and IOM. From 2011 until 2013 Annett Fleischer was employed as Researcher in the project Return migration and Development analysing the reintegration of migrants in their countries of origin at the Robert Schuman Centre for Advanced Studies, European University Institute in Florence, Italy. From 2016 to 2017 she was part of the research project at the Max Planck Institute for the Study of Religious and Ethnic Diversity on the diversity asylum seekers’ needs and aspirations in Germany.
Currently, she is employed as consultant for ICMPD in a research project on trafficking in human being among migrants and refugees along the Balkan Route with particular focus on the destination country Germany. In addition, she works as consultant for GIZ on return migration and reintegration.
- Fleischer, Annett (2017): Diversity of Asylum Seekers’ Needs and Aspirations, MPI Working Paper 17-05, Max Planck Institute for Demographic Research, Göttingen, Germany.
- Fleischer, Annett (2016): Armenian Returnees from Russia: Struggles between Reintegration and Re-emigration. In: Armenians in Post-Communist Europe (eds. Siekierski and Troebst).
- Fleischer, Annett (2014): Results of the Field Survey on Human Trafficking in Male, Maldives. IOM Internal Report.
- Fleischer, Annett (2012): Migration, marriage, and the law. Making families among Cameroonian ‘bush fallers’ in Germany. Regiospectra Verlag Berlin.
- Fleischer, Annett (2012): A Statistical Overview on Return Migration to the Republic of Armenia. CRIS Analytical Note 2012/01, RSCAS/EUI, Florence.