THE GLOBAL INITIATIVE NETWORK
Meet the Experts
Director, New Challenges & Threats Study Center, Vladivostok, Russia
Since 2015 Alexander has been conducting the “Carte Blanche” rubric on the pages of one of the well-known Russian newspapers “Nezavisimaya Gazeta” (Moscow), covering criminological issues. In addition, he regularly comments on the legal issues in the Vladivostok newspapers: “Competitor“, “Golden Horn”, “Vladivostok“, as well as in the Far Eastern tab of “Rossiyskaya Gazeta” and on news agencies Interfax, Prima-Media, Vostok-Media, Regnum). Over the past 13 years, he published about 200 articles in peer-reviewed scientific journals, co-authored 7 collective monographs. The main subject of publications: organized crime, corruption and international legal cooperation in criminal matters.
- The use of corruption by “Russian” organized crime in the United States. // Trends in Organized crime, Vol. 8, Issue 2, Winter 2004.
- Assessment “Crime-Terrorism Nexus in Northern Asia”, Mongolia, 2010.
- Chapter on Russian organized crime in International Crime and Justice edited by Mangai Natarajan. Cambridge University Press, 2011.
- Issue Paper “Transnational Organized Crime in the Fishing Industry”, Vienna, 2011.
- Russian Organized Crime and the Existing Measures to Combat It. // Law Enforcement Executive Forum, March, 2012.
- The Influence of Transnational Crime in the World: Current Status and Challenges of Combating It. // Law Enforcement Executive Forum, October, 2012.
- Chapter on Russian corruption in Russian Organized Crime: Recent Trends in the Baltic Sea Region by Walter Kegö and Alexandru Molcean (ed.) Stockholm, 2012.
- Policy brief “Russian Organized Crime and its Impact on Foreign Economies”, Feb. 20, 2013.
- Press review “At least one third of harvested timber is smuggled from Far East region”, Sept. 6, 2013.
- Anti-corruption in the BRICS countries. // BRICS Law Journal Volume V (2018) Issue 1, pp.56-77.
- American experience of organized crime combatting: State, tendencies and prospects. // Международное публичное и частное право. 2018. № 1. С. 36-42.